PDA

View Full Version : AAARRRRGH!!!.. my freakin nephew..

<DRS>GPF
04-13-2008, 09:20 AM
if youll excuse me, i need a minute to vent..

im closing in on 42yrs old and its gotten tough to push my buttons and "wake the bear".. but, im about 1/2 breath from beating my 15yr old nephew to a pulp..

though it may sound bad on the surface, he outweighs me by at least 20lbs and stands a couple inches taller..

long story short..

my irresponsible, idiotic brother and his 2 sons still live with/mooch off my parents and while the older of the two boys has quit school and pretty much became a petty thief, the younger one has become a tyrant and physically abusive.

my parents stopped my wife yesterday and told them how he had shoved my mother and cussed out my dad.(both are 65yrs old)

he's punched holes in the walls and doors, destroyed a computer i gave to my parents to communicate to my other siblings who are spread out all over. (Louisiana, Washington and Abu Dhabi)
i wanted them to be able to see them and their grandkids via internet, since its pretty expensive to fly all over..

neither of my parents are in a position to be able to fight back..

my mother is too passive and my dad isnt what he used to be after 3 heart attacks and a recent heart valve replacement..(literally had the wind taken from his sails..)

my siblings have left it in my hands to monitor this and keep an eye on my parents..(bills paid, home maintenance, etc..)

i dont like where this is heading and i cant let it get worse.

i just got off the phone with my brother(drives truck so he's on the road about 1/2 the time) and in so many words told him to calm his heathen kid down permanently or ill beat him like a drum and throw him out, along with anything else that belongs to him and his kids.
if the mood suits me, ill burn it on the lawn right before their eyes.

ive got this kid down once before(similar diciplinary actions), so he knows ive no fear in going to jail for pounding a minor..

besides, im right and he's wrong and that is that.

my idiot brother has been milking my parents good will too long and he will not control/dicipline his kids, so i will.

i dont enjoy being placed in this spot and i truly blame my lazy brother and his even more lazy and ignorant exwife.(who has nothing to do with either boy)
neither have spent any quality parenting time whatsoever with those boys and theyve created scourge for society to put up with.

at their best they are fine examples of how not to raise a child..

so... hows everyone else doing? good i hope..

csr250r
04-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Sounds like quite the situation, do you have a family? cuz if u beat the hell out of this kid and get sent to jail then who is gona watch out for ur parents and family

<DRS>GPF
04-13-2008, 09:39 AM
i have 2 kids, a son and a daughter.. and they wouldnt dare, out of shame alone, ever raise a voice to my parents..

besides, ill only be there until i can post bail..

being that itd be my first offense ever on record and that boy has a long documented record of aggresiveness in public and in school, i really wont have alot of issues to overcome.
ive also got 4weeks of vacation, at least week of personal days and as many sick days as i want.

this scenario has entered my mind at least a few times...

im right and he's wrong and thats enough for me and everyone who's in my public, professional and private life.

Cr85rRida
04-13-2008, 09:58 AM
put that little **** on his *** and show him who is boss. As long as he is under your jurisdiction your making the calls and he either listens or GTFO.

450raider
04-13-2008, 10:15 AM
wow i dont have any nephews or anything but if i had anyone in the family that was underaged and a delenquint (sp?) that wrecked or broke my parents house or stuff id tell em directly to come and wreck me if they got the b****, at 5'8 theres not really much i got at height... however at 190lbs theres not too many people i couldnt knock on their a**, anyway whos the cops more likely to believe anyway? someones gotta pay for the computer and the holes.

hungus07trx400
04-13-2008, 10:52 AM
I wouldnt be documenting this on an internet forum. If something ends up going really south this would certainly constitute pre meditated assault. It's one thing to fly off the handle and lose your temper, its another to plan out the beating of a minor, however much at fault he may be. (Which he certainly seems to be.)

BlaineKaiser450
04-13-2008, 01:09 PM
X2 hungus

Ralph
04-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
if youll excuse me, i need a minute to vent..

im closing in on 42yrs old and its gotten tough to push my buttons and "wake the bear".. but, im about 1/2 breath from beating my 15yr old nephew to a pulp..

though it may sound bad on the surface, he outweighs me by at least 20lbs and stands a couple inches taller..

long story short..

my irresponsible, idiotic brother and his 2 sons still live with/mooch off my parents and while the older of the two boys has quit school and pretty much became a petty thief, the younger one has become a tyrant and physically abusive.

my parents stopped my wife yesterday and told them how he had shoved my mother and cussed out my dad.(both are 65yrs old)

he's punched holes in the walls and doors, destroyed a computer i gave to my parents to communicate to my other siblings who are spread out all over. (Louisiana, Washington and Abu Dhabi)
i wanted them to be able to see them and their grandkids via internet, since its pretty expensive to fly all over..

neither of my parents are in a position to be able to fight back..

my mother is too passive and my dad isnt what he used to be after 3 heart attacks and a recent heart valve replacement..(literally had the wind taken from his sails..)

my siblings have left it in my hands to monitor this and keep an eye on my parents..(bills paid, home maintenance, etc..)

i dont like where this is heading and i cant let it get worse.

i just got off the phone with my brother(drives truck so he's on the road about 1/2 the time) and in so many words told him to calm his heathen kid down permanently or ill beat him like a drum and throw him out, along with anything else that belongs to him and his kids.
if the mood suits me, ill burn it on the lawn right before their eyes.

ive got this kid down once before(similar diciplinary actions), so he knows ive no fear in going to jail for pounding a minor..

besides, im right and he's wrong and that is that.

my idiot brother has been milking my parents good will too long and he will not control/dicipline his kids, so i will.

i dont enjoy being placed in this spot and i truly blame my lazy brother and his even more lazy and ignorant exwife.(who has nothing to do with either boy)
neither have spent any quality parenting time whatsoever with those boys and theyve created scourge for society to put up with.

at their best they are fine examples of how not to raise a child..

so... hows everyone else doing? good i hope..

Even though its really not your job, maybe you could have them live in your home when their dad isn't home and teach them some manners.

I can relate to what your dealing with because my grandma had to raise my aunts kids and i have seen how frustrating it was for my mom.

BuB400
04-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Sounds like your brother should be at the top of the getting beat list. Than let him hand it down to his ******* kids. He should get his *** handed to him for letting all of this even begin and for being a slug.

04-13-2008, 05:35 PM
send them to a boot camp type deal maybe.

250rmike
04-13-2008, 06:52 PM
if there treating your parents like this they prolly wont stop but another thing you could do if you have room is move your parents into your house and sell there house sucks but everyones gotta grow up sometime and being out on your *** in the streets will either straighten you out real quick or not. from my perspective that is what i would do plus not even a day of jail time

MX MaNiAc 06
04-13-2008, 07:56 PM
There has to be other ways to deal with the situation than beating the kid. Dont get me wrong, i think he deserves it. But u dont want to put ur family in that situation. Whos going to be laughing when ur in jail n he got off without anything other than some bruises? Think about this first. Your brother deserves beat for letting his kid end up like that. If u called the cops when he put his hands on his grandmother he would be in some type of juvenile detention or boot camp. If i did that to my grandmother.. i would never want to come back from boot camp. I would not be part of the family anymore

tp300ex
04-13-2008, 08:58 PM
ok i dont normally do this but if u pay for my gas me and a friend will drive to where this kid lives beat him down and burn his stuff on the lawn:o
but i charge $50 for each punch thrown lol
j/k

all i can say is get the authority's involved... it isnt worth going to jail even if its for a day or two...your parents can sign some papers and have them evicted from there house...

john cunningham
04-14-2008, 05:49 AM
hey bud if u respect ur parents like i do mine/ i dont care if that kids 8 or 80 thats my mom and they would get a woopin for sure mom does deserve nothing but respect and if she is too fragile to stand up for herself then u by all eans step in / look back when u were a little guy . who was there for u. im sure ur mom so / grow a larger pair and get that kid by the neck and take him for a walk out behind the barn

<DRS>GPF
04-14-2008, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Even though its really not your job, maybe you could have them live in your home when their dad isn't home and teach them some manners.

I can relate to what your dealing with because my grandma had to raise my aunts kids and i have seen how frustrating it was for my mom.

in the past couple of years, ive offered multiple times for the youngest to stay with us. (the oldest wouldve stole me blind)

his dad(my brother) refused the offer...

i even offered to rent them our 2nd house(the very next house to mine) and again he refused.. (something to living for free..)
not now and never again will that opportunity be given.

in any case, i really cant go with the intent of beating him, but i can use physical force to remove him from the household....

until then, ive laid the remaining "groundwork" and set guidlines..
any deviation by his dad or either boy and its over and i potentially make the 6 o'clock news..

my other siblings have already given their blessings and would put up any cash and/or statements required to assure i would get into as little legal issues as possible.

john cunningham
04-14-2008, 07:07 AM
MAN JUST GO WERE UR HEART TAKES U. BUT MOST OF ALL STAND BY MOM AND DAD. TRY TAKING THE BOYS TO CHURCH OR HAVE UR PREACHER HAVE DINNER WITH THEM AT UR MOM HOUSE AND TRY THAT SUTTLE APROACH ONCE. YOU CANT GIVE THEM TO MUCH ROPE THO. IF ITS CLOSE ENOUGH TO YOUR HOME STOP IN EVERY DAY AND TRY TO SHOW A PRESENCE FOR AWHILE AND MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND U R SERIOUS . WE HEAR EVERYDAY ABOUT THESE KIDS WHO GO OFF THE DEEP END ID HATE TO SEE YOU GUYS ON THE CNN HEADLINES CAUSE THAT KID OFFED HIS GRANDPARENTS CAUSE HE WAS MADE TO TOW THE LINE. HATE TO LOOK AT THINGS THAT WAY BUT TODAY YOU DONT HAVE A CHOICE MAN. STAND UP FOR WHAT MOM HAS TOUGHT YOU IN THE PAST OK. GOOG LUCK AND MAY GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY

Tree
04-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I'd say take the dad out and beat his ***** in front of the kids. If that doesn't work, call the cops. Have the whole family removed from your parents house. If you are taking care of them (mom and dad) they should understand your situation. Talk your parents into getting a restraining order from your brother and his kids. It might not be what they like or want to do, but it's better than ending up in the hospital or worse. Violent behiavior like you are describing isn't going get better, it's only going to escalate.

If you hit a minor, you are at fault. It doesn't matter what is right or wrong. You are the adult, it's your responsibility not to hit them. Even if they attack you, you stand little chance of winning in court. Unless that particular judge has seen them before.

Good luck,

Steve

reptikes
04-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by hungus07trx400
I wouldnt be documenting this on an internet forum. If something ends up going really south this would certainly constitute pre meditated assault. It's one thing to fly off the handle and lose your temper, its another to plan out the beating of a minor, however much at fault he may be. (Which he certainly seems to be.)

Premeditated Assault ? No such thing. You Beat somebody or you didn't. Cut and dry. They (the system) don't care if you thought it threw first, Aggrivated Assault carries the same sentence wheather It was thought threw or just reaction.

reptikes
04-14-2008, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't straight up beat his ***. I would go over there to get them out, and if you have to use phisical force DO SO. Also think about this, there is a good chance while your man-handling one son the other might try to rush you. So stay on your toes. And it would be easier and quiet if you tried to put the bigger son to sleep. Choke him out, but KNOW when to release so you don't kill him.

chris46250r
04-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Here is a simple and legal solution, or at least I think it is. Have your parents make you power of attorney. Then you can do alot of things with the law on your side.

Aceman
04-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Kicking someone's as$ doesn't seem to be the best way to solve this problem. You need to convince your parents to have your brother and his kids thrown out. It's their house right? If it comes down to it, I'm sure the police would help remove them. I'm sure your parents love them, don't want to see them end up on the street, etc etc BUT CONVINCE THEM YOUR BROTHER AND HIS KIDS CANNOT STAY ANY LONGER!!

ricksmx865
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
i feel ya man... and you gotta do what you gotta do :/

im in a similar situation myself... except im the nephew and im gonna beat the ***** outta my mooching lying theiving uncle (he moved into my gma's house stole all her money and put her in a home)

wilkin250r
04-15-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm going to go against popular opinion on this one.

At some point, your parents need to be responsible for themselves and their decisions. At 65 years old, they need to live their own lives, and face the consequences.

If they choose to let your irresponsible, idiotic brother live with them, then that is their choice. It's not your choice. And if their walls get damaged, and their computer broken, that is a consequence of their decision. You can help patch the walls and hang new doors, but remember it is still their decision.

The only time I would actually get involved is in situations of physical abuse. That should never be tolerated. But shy of that, it's your parents choice. As difficult as it may be, you need to let them make it.

Rulz
04-15-2008, 07:03 AM
I read your post and thought my wife and her side of the family is going through the same situation, without the physical part. Her parents are in their late 60's, they still have their 48 year old daughter live with them, and now the grand daughter lives with them. They don't have the balls to tell their lazy *** daughter to get her butt out of their house and fend for herself, and now the grand daughter is doing the same thing.

I blame my wife's parents for creating this environment! They are retired and should be enjoying their retirement, instead they continue to support their lazy *** daughter and now her kid too. If the parents, or grand parents, don't take a stand and deal with this stuff it's hard for you as a bystander or sibling to step in and do anything. Perhaps as someone mentioned, ask your parents if they want to sign a power of attorney for you to act in their behalf. Then kick the lazy good for nothing kids out of the house!

reptikes
04-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm going to go against popular opinion on this one.

At some point, your parents need to be responsible for themselves and their decisions. At 65 years old, they need to live their own lives, and face the consequences.
The only time I would actually get involved is in situations of physical abuse. That should never be tolerated. But shy of that, it's your parents choice. As difficult as it may be, you need to let them make it.

Lets look at it from your point of view. Let the sons yell and threaten and intimidate the guys parents untill (god forbid) one of them has a massive heartattack and dies. At their age the stress levels that they are probably exsperiencing can not be good, which in return can lead to health problems.

Just another angle to look at.