PDA

View Full Version : Walden MX open practice

Builthondatough
04-12-2008, 07:37 PM
I was wondering what the atmosphere for open practice at walden mx is like since I am a pretty novice rider and i've never been to a motocross track for any kind of practice session and I certainly dont want to be too close to another atv to slow down on a large jump or if I happen to stall for some reason or another at the gate. Well if any of you have any experience or if you think i shouldn't go please reply!

syckNtwisted121
04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't worry about your speed or ability. The main thing to remember with rolling jumps is stay out of the main line and dont change lines between the jumps. Being Novice you would be riding the small track which is pretty mellow. You have to get on the track for the first time SOMETIME.....you just have to do it. After one practice you will be a faster rider, garunteed.

Builthondatough
04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Ok thanks man anyone else got any useful tips on anything motocross riding specific I should think about before going 4/23?

syckNtwisted121
04-16-2008, 10:57 AM
If you do make it look me up, yellow LTR #121.

yellowzo3
04-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Don't do anything your not comfortable with. It will all come in time, so don't pressure yourself to do something the first day because you see others doing it. If you get tired take a break, don't try to keep going because you'll only be making it harder for yourself and others trying to use the track. Check behind you every so often to see if any super fast riders are gaining on you. If there are any, just stay out of their way, or pull off if there is a safe area. If you see any riders go down stop and help them out! It is always appreciated and if you ever flip the bike someone will be sure you help you as well! Basically just go out there and have fun. Thats what its all about. You'll probably meet some people at the same skill level as you and make some friends. I found it easier to ride with someone than by myself, it takes your mind off of getting tired and keeps you motivated to beat your buddies! Another thing is to watch riders that are better than you. Check out the lines they use and what they're doing. Like syck said, there has to be a first time sometime. I was nervous the first time I went on a track as well, but once you get out there its so much fun you forget all about being nervous.

Builthondatough
04-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Guys thank you sooo much. I went there w/o my quad and regretted that I didn't bring it. It's pretty layed back and no one really cares however your riding unless you are in the way. I am definetly gonna be going out next OP at walden. I've got a few friends who are slightly more experienced than me (but that I can keep up with because they are kinda babyish) so they will be helping me out with picking lines and stuff. To anyone else getting ready to go to their first practice etc. just get comfortable check one out and see if you wanna do it and if you do than good luck.

P.S. Syck were you the ltr with the really really shiny rims?

Nac's22
04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
how did you go to walden when the practice was canceled for the 23rd and moved to the 26th? or did you go to dback? if you are planning on going to the 26th open practice ill be there... white and blue #53 250R.

Builthondatough
04-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah I went to D-Back but after I went to Walden to check it out when the big track was being redone or w/e. I really had no idea how many people were into the sport of motocross on quads and bikes.