PDA

View Full Version : DS450 or LTR450

pipejob1
04-12-2008, 07:20 PM
I want to buy a new four stroke and narrowed it down to 2 bikes. I do not race on a track. I am a weakead warrior rider. I like the DS450 i checked it out at my dealer. The only thing i dont like it is only out for a year where the LTR450 has been out for 3 years. I still ride my 2 strokes LT250R and QUADZILLA. I am just worried about the reliability of the DS. Everyone eles i talk to say get the honda 450R

Hitman440
04-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Get the Outlaw 450mxr. The power it makes is great. They seem to be having to much trouble for me to even consider a DS.

Twistedmetal696
04-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Ltr450 all the way. i have an 07 ltr and it is awsome. I pipe and power commandered mine and it totaly rips. I have heard from a guy i know that races a ds 450 that when you pipe them . they do get more power but the are real doggy from the get go. in my opinion the ltr is the best out of the box quad on the market. And they have the championship to prove it. I mean if you dont want to put alot of money into the quad suzuki is your best bet

dbkbushwacker
04-12-2008, 10:56 PM
My stock ds 450 keeps up with piped ltrs at the sand drags i go to. The polaris has a horrible air box design and the quality is not as good as sukuki. If you can get a better deal on the ltr get it, plus theres alot more after market for it.

dirtycarl
04-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Bottom line is that all the guys who own an LTR are going to say you should buy an LTR. All the guys that have a DS are going to say get a DS. You just need to ride them both and decide for yourself.

Vade
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
08 LTR :D My cousin has one pretty damn nice

mebcop
04-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Well.... I have DSs and I'd say get an LT-R if you're gonna be racing. the LT-R is much better suited for the track in stock form, but the DS DEFINITELY has more power!!!

choadium
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
I traded in my LTR for my new DS. I would still have it today if it weren't for the rough ride on the trails. I know that I could have bought new shocks and such, but the game wardens were also starting to give us a hard time about the width of the thing. So, I traded it in for a DS. Power wise I think they're close but I haven't done anything to the DS and had a cherry bomb and slip-on HMF on the LTR. Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either if it fits your riding style. In stock form, LTR for MX and DS for trails. :D

fasstltr
04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
ive owned my ltr for 2 years and i wouldnt trade for anything else it feels like ur on rails in the corner and it has alot of power ive beaten the snot out of it almost every weekend and everyone of my friends thats riden it want one or went and got one i dont understand y anyone would buy anything else

fasstltr
04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
oh and anybody can beat anybody in a drag race with the 450s it comes down to the rider most of the time

#17YFZRACER
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Bottom line is that all the guys who own an LTR are going to say you should buy an LTR. All the guys that have a DS are going to say get a DS. You just need to ride them both and decide for yourself.

and all the guys that have a YFZ are going to say get a YFZ:D I would if i were you.