PDA

View Full Version : 330 magnum gauge flashing??

ymustang
04-12-2008, 06:16 PM
hey guy's, i have a 330 magnum 2006 4x4..about a month ago i went to take it on atv trip, went to start it to load it up and the battery was dead and the insturment gauge was flashing check engine/hot..ok, so it need's a new battery and did'nt have enough voltage left to start it and threw a code?? put a brand new battery in and it is still flashing the check engine/hot..is there a way to cure this?? this happen to any one else?? the atv doe's plow the driveway during the winter and i know that's hard on the battery(plow is winch operated)..can any one suggest/help a fellow polaris owner

tireman43
04-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Mine did the same thing this winter when I needed to use it to plow. I replaced the battery and cleaned all the grounds. Make sure to check all the grounds, I think this was the bigger problem then the battery. It will correct itself. Mine is fine now.

Kevin

ymustang
04-15-2008, 05:48 PM
hey thank's buddy, i was thinking along the line's of eletrical also..i started checking and cleaning ground's and looking at all other wire's as well, i found a hot wire that was rubbed through against the frame near the air box and battery..i found it when i was looking at all the other wire's it sparked off the frame..so i'm going to repair that, get a new soleniod(can't hurt) and clean the ground's and check other wire's..i will let you know how it turn's out..i really appreciate the advice/help..pat p

tireman43
04-16-2008, 07:38 AM
No problem. Good luck with the fix.

Kevin