PDA

View Full Version : Full HMF Ballance Edition

TOPDAWG
04-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Is anybody here running a full HMF Bill Ballance Edition exhaust?

I just got one and have an EHS lid on the way. Going to order a filter setup and a fuel controller this coming week.

If you have this exhaust, how has it done against other quads?

velocityss1985
04-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I have the same set up and love it. Sounds great. Plus my seat of the pants dyno picked up a sigificant power improvement.
Specs: HMF Ballance quiet full system, EHS lid, Prodesign kit with foam filter and Power commander. I am going to have it dyno'ed here in the spring.

spanky101
04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
It should definatly make the seat of the pants dyno test, i believe that it is one of the better performing pipes for the kfx. That might have been the sport series HMF but the ballance is just a carbon canister and billet mount from what ive seen.

velocityss1985
04-08-2009, 06:59 AM
There is a big difference between the Ballance and the Sport pipes. The Ballance has a torque modifying tube in the middle of it to help low end torque and not effect the upper end. Also my ballance is the polished canister, although I think I could of gotten it in carbon fiber. I chose the ballance because of the low end torque, my riding is all trail riding.

I have the map if you need it. Or just buy your PC3 through FuelMoto for $260.00 and they will load the correct map for you. I pulled out my spark plug last week, and it looks like the fuel curve is dead on. The plug reading looked great.

spanky101
04-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Thats good to know, i knew they had a different curve, but i forgot how they managed that. HMF is definatly a good company!!

velocityss1985
04-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I researched it pretty good before I bought it. HMF is definately top quality stuff. TOPDAWG - you will be very happy!!!