PDA

View Full Version : E3 Sparkplugs

Bigdaddy52302
04-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Any one heard of these and anyone running them, I was watching Horsepower tv and they did a special on plug testing and these add 5HP to a performance LT1 and they supposedly make them for small engines too, I have been tring to find them on the web or a cross refrance to the plug we normaly run and cant. So I am turning to you guys for advice and testomonies.

Brauap
04-12-2008, 10:30 AM
There is nooo way it makes 5hp..:rolleyes:

DementeD
04-12-2008, 10:30 AM
i was actually going to make a thread on spark plugs..see what everyone uses and what they think is best etc..

hopefully this thread will do that for me :D

DementeD
04-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
There is nooo way it makes 5hp..:rolleyes:

on a performance v8 its definitely possible
a performance motor could benefit nicely from a better spark..

v8s typically respond extremely well to ignition parts ie better spark

so i dont see why a "good" spark plug couldnt add some hp to a performance v8..not to say 5hp on a v8 is hardly anything..but great value from just a plug..

Bigdaddy52302
04-12-2008, 12:11 PM
I thought 5HP was a lot too, however think of the ratio 5HP gain on an already 415HP is like 1/2HP gain on the 20 to 30HP on a quad.

Now dont go throwing a fit about my ratios I didnt pull out a calculator to do this math, just throwing out an example.

So back to the thread, has anyone ran these and if not what do you run and how does it rate....

Old Dirtbiker
04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Sounds alittle far fetched to me.

Personally, I don't subscribe to someone or something that makes false claims.

If their willing to lie or misform a little, their still a lier.

I know very little about plugs and am willing to admit that, but I suspect the bottom line is sequince of the fuel/air mixture explosion above the piston as any plug fires.

Of course, some plugs burn hotter than others, will that produce more horsepower, I doubt it.

My opinion, you would see the same results by slapping a few more decals on the fenders, Now thats real torque.

zdowell
04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I think, with those E3's, they are suppose to store energy and make a better more intense spark. I work at Advance Auto Parts, they are like $5 a plug. Ill check at work to see what it would be for our 400ex.

Bigdaddy52302
04-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Thank you that is the type of info I was looking for, not an argument over if they truly gain hp or not. I would like to try it myself to see if I like it I just wasnt sure where I could get them or the cross refrance for it.

Bigdaddy52302
04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey did you find a cross for the E3 Plug?

zdowell
04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
I cross referenced them, and checked their web site. It looks like we will not be getting them any time soon if ever for the 400ex. They really don't make any other plug for our quads. I think NGK and Champion are about the only plugs I could get in.

AnDy7
04-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Not trying to high jack your thread, but my buddy uses Iridium Spark Plug. He really likes it.

zdowell
04-14-2008, 09:43 PM
I looked for them, and they didn't cross reference. You should get a part number for me so I can check them out.

Bigdaddy52302
04-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Yeah I would be real interested in tring a Iridium Spark Plug. But I dont know the cross refrence # ethier. ANY HELP???:confused:

AnDy7
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
You can find them here http://www.rkexcelamerica.com/atv_autolite_honda.html otherwise i do believe my buddy got his at the local yamaha shop.

jdog75
02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
the part number for the e3 plug for the 400 is e3-36

moyer17901
03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I dont really buy the whole e3 spark plug thing, the whole point of adding more ground prongs is that it give it more places to arc to allowing it to last longer, i dont see by the design of the plug how it gives a hotter spark, the heat range of plugs is controlled by the spacing of the threads and cavity of the plug, changing the heat of a plug can effect the way it works like too hot of a plug can cause preignition or detonation both are bad

This plug is built very much like a stock plug with the added grounds, the iridium or radium or what ever um there added to it only helps the plug last longer, everytime a plug fires, a tiny piece of material gets destroyed where the spark hits, thats why they coated them in the material, it does not make a better spark but just a more reliable plug, hints the adding of the grounds

I think the maker of the plug is just playing to simple minds that think adding prongs and adding big words adds power

a properly gaped plug would do the same thing
this is the same for the two, three four prongs and the halo plug that supposedly allows the fuel to ignite easier
In the end for price id just stick with a one prong ngk plug
when your changing plugs just make sure to gap it, even if it says its "pregaped" most multi prong plugs wont allow you to gap them which if there machine is off will give the wrong gap and could hurt performance and if you want to save yourself some headaches use a small amount of anti seize on the threads of the plug, this will keep it from getting stuck when removing and a small amount of dielectric grease on the plug boot, again it will keep it from getting stuck when removing the rubber boot

fearlessfred
03-09-2010, 08:40 PM
yea,what he said . good advice