PDA

View Full Version : Should I try this!?

Brauap
04-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Last night, I was looking around dad's gerage, and I found this temp sick that is about 1/2-1 centimeter shorter than the dip stick, and it fits perfectly in the hole for the dip stick, but I was wondering if I should cut a hole right underneith the dip, where there is a flat serface, stick it in there then use hi-temp silicone to seal it? If you have trouble understanding, tell me, and I will go out and take some pics. Having this, well save me some bucks than buying a new dipstick from ??Only's, and I dont have to remove it everytime I check the oil. And I can keep my eye on the temp, so I don't over heat it.

JOEX
04-12-2008, 01:53 PM
If you keep it mostly stock except for the typical bolt ons you shouldn't need to worry about overheating. Even with a mildly built motor there shouldn't be any issues with overheating as long as it's jetted properly.

Pipeless416
04-12-2008, 01:56 PM
i honestly don't think you should keep messing with your quad until you fix it and learn to maintain it.

BamBam730
04-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
Last night, I was looking around dad's gerage, and I found this temp sick that is about 1/2-1 centimeter shorter than the dip stick, and it fits perfectly in the hole for the dip stick, but I was wondering if I should cut a hole right underneith the dip, where there is a flat serface, stick it in there then use hi-temp silicone to seal it? If you have trouble understanding, tell me, and I will go out and take some pics. Having this, well save me some bucks than buying a new dipstick from ??Only's, and I dont have to remove it everytime I check the oil. And I can keep my eye on the temp, so I don't over heat it.

I dont think that the temp. dip stick is worth all the aggravation you are going to give yourself. I dont beleive that your quad is going to overheat as fast as you think it will. I have ridden my machine in some very hot weather with no problems.

Honda#4
04-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Instead of worrying about a temp stick I think you need to consider what has to be done to your motor first.

Brauap
04-12-2008, 07:05 PM
FINE I WON'T!! lol :blah: