PDA

View Full Version : TC Shorty Exhaust...

klutch
04-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Anyone have one? Just curious on the gains on it... have always like 400EX TC Shorty exhausts. Can't find it for a 450R. I have an 04 450R. Stock exhaust without the baffle. I am interested in a TC Shorty, or a Yoshi TRC. Also interested in White Bros. Am on a budget.

spanky101
04-11-2008, 10:02 PM
unless you want to be limited or have your tracks closed i would not suggest a tc shorty. The other, more quiet, newer tc is a great pipe and would suggest that. But look around and you can usually find a used dasa or sparks for a good price, just gonna have to have patience

warriorxcr1
04-11-2008, 11:30 PM
the rossier end caps work on the tc which quiet them down dramatically.... i had one and the low end is amazing and its only louder than other pipes when its cracked wide open. you wont notice a sound difference until its over 3/4s throttle

ghott on trx450r.org helped me out putting a sound clip up... check it out in the pics and vids section over there. they are just two small stupid vids but theyll help you get an idea.

klutch
04-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by warriorxcr1
the rossier end caps work on the tc which quiet them down dramatically.... i had one and the low end is amazing and its only louder than other pipes when its cracked wide open. you wont notice a sound difference until its over 3/4s throttle

ghott on trx450r.org helped me out putting a sound clip up... check it out in the pics and vids section over there. they are just two small stupid vids but theyll help you get an idea.

Yeah i saw both videos. I can't find the pipe for sale anywhere though! I have tried though.

warriorxcr1
04-11-2008, 11:41 PM
i recently gave mine up... i run an aluminum pro now and have it jetted perfect. a friend that had previously ridden a sparks big core, 02 crf cam, open lid 05 450r said that mine makes alot more power than his....

im not stating this to start $hit... i would still run a sparks dasa or rossier over this pipe but i really feel you cant go wrong with an aluminum pro.

you can find one pretty cheap too.

klutch
04-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah I like most White Bro. Pipes they look and sound nice. The TC Sounds awesome and looks awesome. Yoshimura is just one of my favorite exhaust manufactueruers.