PDA

View Full Version : Jets 400ex

unitednations
04-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Where can i get jets for the ex I do not want a kit I just want the "42K slow jet? Cant find on ebay or searching

REDRIDDER
04-11-2008, 10:53 AM
c&d racing might be able to help.

hornetgod13
04-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Call C&D Racing at (402) 614-2508

Or

Online at www.jetsrus.com

unitednations
04-11-2008, 11:34 AM
THANKS!!!

unitednations
04-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I understand now Im alittle slow hahaha

trob14
04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Local Honda shop should have them as well....

bearair
04-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Got mine at the local dealer.

bigredisb
04-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Is the 42 pilot jet physically longer than a 38? I put mine in today and its a little longer than the 38. Want to make sure my honda stealership did bend me over. Also I noticed that mine bogs bad if I go from idle to wot with no load for a second. I put in a 150 main as well with the stock needle setting and the mixture screw stock. Any suggestions?

JOEX
04-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by bigredisb
Is the 42 pilot jet physically longer than a 38? I put mine in today and its a little longer than the 38. Want to make sure my honda stealership did bend me over. Also I noticed that mine bogs bad if I go from idle to wot with no load for a second. I put in a 150 main as well with the stock needle setting and the mixture screw stock. Any suggestions?
The longer pilot is 'normal', if you line up the threaded sections you'll see that they are the same length on the important end.

bigredisb
04-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the info on the jet length. I didnt know if it makes a difference or not. I just finished dropping a 40 in and the bog is still here. If I let the engine idle and stomp the throttle to full throttle the engine bogs and will die if you hold it long enough. Not getting popping through the exhaust or the intake. If I hit the key it fires right up. Mixture screw? I do still have the stock air cleaner until tuesday when my UNI shows up so if I was rich that should lean it down a little. What do you think?

TRXRacer1
04-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
The longer pilot is 'normal', if you line up the threaded sections you'll see that they are the same length on the important end. Longer means it's a different series. The 400ex's use the 26 series pilots and they are all 23.5mm long no matter the size. A lot of places stock the 21 series which is 28mm long. They both will work but they are different pilots.

bigredisb, sounds like you need a needle adjustment. The pilot controls so little on the bottom end it should be barely noticable even if it was off. Save some money and start using the mix screw on the bottom of the carb. The stock 38 flows enough for a pipe and filter when properly adjusted.

bigredisb
04-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks TRXRacer1. The dealers here in SE Wisconsin were baffled on the jets. Neilsons was the most helpful but still didnt have a good answer on the pilots. I wanted to go up on my pilot because my 400 is cold blooded. So you think a needle clip position down would help? It is all mid that is bogging so needle must be it. Is the needle under the cover plate on top of the carb?
Thanks!

jason43050
04-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by bigredisb
Thanks TRXRacer1. The dealers here in SE Wisconsin were baffled on the jets. Neilsons was the most helpful but still didnt have a good answer on the pilots. I wanted to go up on my pilot because my 400 is cold blooded. So you think a needle clip position down would help? It is all mid that is bogging so needle must be it. Is the needle under the cover plate on top of the carb?
Thanks! Yes I do believe the needle is on the top of the carb.....

bigredisb
04-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I did have a chance to ride the machine and it pops and backfires pretty good when I am about 1/3 to 2/3 throttle. I thing going down one clip position should help. What do you think? Would the mixture screw have any effect on mid range?

bigredisb
04-13-2008, 10:15 PM
I had to leave my machine at home and travel for work. I want to pick up some needle shims and all I see is people talking about shims but dont see anything about what shims they are using. Are they standard size washers I can get at home depot? what size do I need for diameter inside and out? How many turns are the stock pilots screws set to? I am thinking about trying to go 2 turns on the pilot screw and or a shim. It sucks not having the machine in fornt of me for a week. It drives me nuts leaving it at home not running tops.