PDA

View Full Version : G-Force Axle?

X400EX
04-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Anyone tried it?

I see that it's cheaper than other axles, would you recommend it?

f150mann
04-11-2008, 09:04 AM
it is what it is, a budget axle, it looks good and works good, great buy for the money imo, but if you are really hard on axles, maybe look at something more expensive, if your just the average rider, im sure it will be fine

X400EX
04-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Alright, well I do some jumps but nothing over 70' yet. I'm not really hard on axles, my stock one has bent a liiiittle in 2 years.

Will the stock hubs fit on that axle?

mitchamus
04-11-2008, 09:37 AM
ive had one for two years now. still going strong. stock hub and castle nuts go right on. If you dont already have one get your self a new axle nut, i have RAD nut doesnt loosen at all.

X400EX
04-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Don't it comes with the axle? That's what I read there : http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1048051

"Before we get started with this review, let us say Rocky Mountain MC’s G-Force axle scores big because of its $199 price tag. That price also includes an anti-fade nut — or what RMMC calls a posi-lock axle nut — and two castle nuts."

I'm seriously thinking about getting it from Rocky Mountain MC. How much time would it take, anyone experienced good or bad things with that company?

mitchamus
04-11-2008, 10:08 AM
nope not for the 400ex i think the z400 it does.
rockmountain rocks.
here is a code for 20 dollars off of 150 or more.
1123GCE

X400EX
04-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you very much mitchamus!

hornetgod13
04-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Stock hubs will work. According to your link, it does appear to come with an anti-fade axle nut.

Removal and Installation really depends on how easily your stock axle nut comes off. This can be a nightmare if it's been awhile since you pulled your axle. I would start soaking the axle and brake nuts with PB Blaster or any other type of penetrating oil now before you even attempt it.

I ordered a set of axle wrenches for $20.00 from Rocky Mountain. The are specifically made to fit the axle and brake rotor lock nuts and have 3/8" and 1/2' adapter on the handles to allow the use of ratchets or breaker bars.

IMPORTANT REMOVAL NOTE (a lot of people go wrong here)
Loosen the brake rotor nut first by rotating it CLOCKWISE. Than back the axle nut off by rotating it COUNTER-CLOCKWISE until it exposes the lock ring. Pop the lock ring off with a screw driver and the the whole axle locking device will slide off the right side of the axle.

It's also a very good idea to replace the axle carrier bearings while you have the back end apart.
Here's a link to a tip to remove and install the axle bearings.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=342749

X400EX
04-11-2008, 11:52 AM
hornetgod13,

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

I never pulled my axle out, but I may change my axle carrier.

Should I put back a new genuine in there or aftermarket?

REDRIDDER
04-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by X400EX
Don't it comes with the axle? That's what I read there : http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1048051

"Before we get started with this review, let us say Rocky Mountain MC’s G-Force axle scores big because of its $199 price tag. That price also includes an anti-fade nut — or what RMMC calls a posi-lock axle nut — and two castle nuts."

I'm seriously thinking about getting it from Rocky Mountain MC. How much time would it take, anyone experienced good or bad things with that company? i buy all my stuff at Rockymountain always have good customer service and shipping is around 5 business days, this year alone i have spent almost a $1000 their, they are the cheapest around for the most part and they always send me coupons for like $20 bucks off and some percentage off coupons.I love Rm their the best IMO.Also they will take returns no problems at all just cant say enough about Rm as many here will probably say the same.

hornetgod13
04-11-2008, 12:02 PM
hornetgod13,

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

I never pulled my axle out, but I may change my axle carrier.

Should I put back a new genuine in there or aftermarket?

Several companies make axle bearings for the 400EX (Stock, Pivot Works, All Balls, and World Wide just to name a few). I went with an All Balls kit.

The axle carrier is a breeze to remove once the axle is out. There's only a couple more steps and it will slide right out.

X400EX
04-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Ok, I will take a loot at it.

Now, I just wanted to checkout and it refused cause I'm in Canada. :(

Is there any good other place where I could buy that axle?

Brauap
04-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Will a G-Force be OK for XC, maybe a little MX but not racing racing just havin fun around the track?

whc
04-11-2008, 01:07 PM
If other g force products are any indication of there quality then I would say no no no! also there warrenty service is pretty crappie. Mild Bill

X400EX
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok, now I got some friends one another forum saying this axle is really crap and easy to bend. I ride MX so I don't think this axle would be a great choice in my case...

hornetgod13
04-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Ok, I will take a loot at it.

Now, I just wanted to checkout and it refused cause I'm in Canada. :(

Is there any good other place where I could buy that axle?

I think G-Force axles are exclusivley sold by RM. Call them directly for shipping to Canada.

Or

You might be able to buy a used one off Ebay or in the Parts for Sale forum on this website.

I own a Dura Blue Eliminator axle I got from RM. I like it a lot!

Brauap
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Also, I was reading that ATVSport atricle that was posted above, and it said it adjustible from 2-? Does that mean it can only go to 2, I am looking for a +1.. Also, j/w how do you adjust it? Sorry for hijacking/spamming your thead, X400EX

400ex28
04-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I've been running one now for quite some time ever since they first came out. my sprocket hub got f'ed up and they replaced it no questions asked just sent me a new one. but i have bent it twice since i have gotten alot heavyer into MX racing... my next axle will be a lonestar or rpm.

TRXordie
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
ive had one for almost a year now with no issues. you cant beat the price. i have heard that the best axle out these days is Team Firestick. its a lil pricey but i guess you get what you pay for.

Wheelie
04-11-2008, 10:42 PM
I bought one a couple months ago--so far so good.

It does NOT come with a lock nut for a 400ex. I bought a durablue anti-fade lock nut.

Also, it only goes down to +2 1/2 ish.

IMO--For the price, it can't be beat.