PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Front Bushing and Bearings

angelon400ex
11-06-2001, 11:44 AM
Any advice on the best type bushings to use and easiest way to replace them?

papaw
11-06-2001, 01:32 PM
i have really good luck with richards bushings.he is in the classifieds in the back of dirt wheels.they are like nylon/urethene bushings,and never seen a set wear out yet!if you order the full set he gives you free lower shock bushings which are usually worn out also.his number is (413)443-1141,leave him a message and he will call you back.also they are greaseless but they do squeek when in dry conditions so you might use a little bit when installing them it can't hurt......

barbwire44
11-06-2001, 01:41 PM
hey papaw, those bushings you are talking about the nylon ones, and also there are some being made of uhmw (ultra high molecular weight plastics) to solve you're squeak problem when installing them use never-seize it will get in the pores of the material and as it wears will keep lubing, it seems to work better than grease, we use alot of uhmw and nylon where i work, and that stuff is tough and outlasts steel 10:1 in some applications where theres no high temps involved. You can buy that stuff cheap at dallas fort worth plastics, and use it for skid plates, chain guards, and any thing else you can think of its real easy to machine on milling machines or a lathe.:D

papaw
11-06-2001, 02:16 PM
hey i never thought of that.i have a big jar of it already.i use it on alot of other stuff.i will definitely use it on my bushings.i need to see how there wearing anyway.