PDA

View Full Version : Who says quads can't "whip"

JRP
04-11-2008, 05:38 AM
:cool:

racer36
04-11-2008, 05:47 AM
awesome pic, that shows those mx guys whats up over here on the atv side of things

trxwannbe
04-11-2008, 06:58 AM
thats josh, taking a basic trick to a whole new level. don't think i've ever seen one where the quad was so level either

smartypants
04-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Looks like a crooked jump to me.

quad2xtreme
04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by smartypants

Yea. I've landed a few like this. :D :D

Sprks450r04
04-11-2008, 10:48 AM
o ya that is a for real josh creamer quad whip ive seen it in person at jolly roger motorsports park, he actually went off suicide hill whipped and looked back and stared me down until he went over the other side of the hill

BlaineKaiser450
04-11-2008, 04:38 PM
thats an awesome pic!

trxwannbe
04-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by smartypants

almost but you can see the body language his putting into it to whip it

trxwannbe
04-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Sprks450r04
o ya that is a for real josh creamer quad whip ive seen it in person at jolly roger motorsports park, he actually went off suicide hill whipped and looked back and stared me down until he went over the other side of the hill

yeah its to bad that jolly's has the bridges otherwise they could bring the nationals there and josh could whip some a** on his home turg

NTPRacing#19
04-12-2008, 07:43 AM
yea harlen takes great pics, yall should see him throw down at his home track on the dong whipper jump.

JRP
04-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
yea harlen takes great pics, yall should see him throw down at his home track on the dong whipper jump.

big blue?

quad2xtreme
04-12-2008, 10:12 AM
These guys are obviously talented...I just wish quad tricks and bike tricks didn't use the same name. Calling this a whip when you see a Bubba Stewart whip looks like two completely, completely, completely different tricks.

Just go to youtube and search bubba stewart whip to see what I mean.

NTPRacing#19
04-12-2008, 02:48 PM
you really think none of us have never seen bubba throw down?

quad2xtreme
04-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
you really think none of us have never seen bubba throw down?

Not sure why any quad enthusiast would even begin to think a quad can do a whip...comparing to a bike. Hence the point about not even calling the trick the same thing. As you already seem to know...when Bubba does a whip, his rear tires is actually ahead of his front tire.

This thread has been done over and over and the bike guys just laugh at us everytime somebody mentions a quad whip.

I will forever remain silent when I see this lame topic come up again...

yam450_53
04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I'll stop you right there buddy... you're comparing apples to oranges here, of course bikes can do crazy whips, they're a whole other different machine. I think the creator of this thread only used the word whip because it's the common term for getting sideways or crooked or whatever you want to call it, he didn't directly mean a whip like a dirtbike, hence the " " on each side of whip. Either way, both "whips' on a bike or quad require some serious body english and both deserve credit. I don't see why any bike guys would "laugh at us" because of that... and if they ever do, let's see them throw a quad around the track like creamer...
so you can put your "lame topic" where I think, have a nice day. :)

quad2xtreme
04-14-2008, 05:42 AM
thanks for making my point...apples and oranges so don't call an orange an apple...

04-14-2008, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
thanks for making my point...apples and oranges so don't call an orange an apple...

how about you sell your quads and get you some 2 wheelers there buddy. no need for more negative nancy's in our sport.

trxwannbe
04-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by JRP
big blue?

no if i remember correctly in addition to big blue he also has one where he takes off going in one direction and lands going in a different one. pretty sick to watch

quad2xtreme
04-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by z400rider08
how about you sell your quads and get you some 2 wheelers there buddy. no need for more negative nancy's in our sport.

ah, censorship...got it. Guess I should keep quiet now so I am not kicked out of the club...

NTPRacing#19
04-14-2008, 03:45 PM
you know whats funny, this guy thinks we are triing to compare whips to a bike. so what should we call a quad whip? a tilt? a banana? or wait dude i got one look at that sick sideways style he has in the air. are you kidding me? garenteed when this guy watchs somebody throw some style out he turns to his buddies and says "OH dang you see that whip he just did!" if you say you dont your full of it

Robin Hood
04-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Anyone have any pictures of the turndown/whips that Pat Brown does? I remember seeing a photo of him a while back and he had the quad tweaked pretty damn well.

JRP
04-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Anyone have any pictures of the turndown/whips that Pat Brown does? I remember seeing a photo of him a while back and he had the quad tweaked pretty damn well.

if its the main one, where hes like completely laid over, its photoshopped

416exfreak
04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
I think the byrd man does more of a "whip"...

But at any rate, major props to all of them!

trxwannbe
04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
in that pic byrd is justing tilting his quad for the most part when throws in a little sideways motion i might agree

Robin Hood
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by JRP
if its the main one, where hes like completely laid over, its photoshopped

Eh, idc, just looking for the picture anyway haha.

That pic of byrd is pretty good.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Not sure why any quad enthusiast would even begin to think a quad can do a whip...comparing to a bike. Hence the point about not even calling the trick the same thing. As you already seem to know...when Bubba does a whip, his rear tires is actually ahead of his front tire.

This thread has been done over and over and the bike guys just laugh at us everytime somebody mentions a quad whip.

I will forever remain silent when I see this lame topic come up again...

Who ever said the back tire has to be in front of the front tire for it to be called a whip? If the rear end is being whipped out to the side i think its a whip! I have a jump on my track that u have to whip the quad about 30 degrees to land straight. Id consider that a whip correct?

dan harris
05-01-2008, 05:48 AM
so would this be a whip or me just sliding off the quad????

dan harris
05-01-2008, 05:52 AM
I always considered this a look back but alot of people call it a whip.

In my opinion any time you have the quad crooked or pointed the wrong way then land it straight, then its a whip. On a quad when your rear wheels are in front of your front wheels, I call that a Crash!!??!

klutch
05-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by dan harris

In my opinion any time you have the quad crooked or pointed the wrong way then land it straight, then its a whip. On a quad when your rear wheels are in front of your front wheels, I call that a Crash!!??!

Thats a sick lookback whip lol

400ex28
05-01-2008, 01:33 PM
quads whip too :o

muddy400EX
05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by dan harris

whether its a whip or lookback, its looks frikken sweet dude!:devil: i think quad "whips" should be called a "tweak" because really there just tweaking it to side or tilting, because of course u cant do a ronnie renner style whip on a quad, it just wouldnt work, so i call it a tweak:cool:

quad2xtreme
05-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
whether its a whip or lookback, its looks frikken sweet dude!:devil: i think quad "whips" should be called a "tweak" because really there just tweaking it to side or tilting, because of course u cant do a ronnie renner style whip on a quad, it just wouldnt work, so i call it a tweak:cool:

I know I said I wouldn't respond any more but since this is the same thread... :)

Tweak is a really good term...I was thinking "twisted" or "cross up". I often say "he can twist it all up".

Response to one of the previous posts...Jordan's thread title infers that quads can "whip"...like a bike even though it doesn't mention a bike. No different than saying "who says white men can't jump?" This infers black men can. There have been several previous posts on this topic and on other sites. Next thing you know, the bike guys are posting VIDEO links to crazy whips...not a snapshot of an instant in time.

You can slightly whip a quad and get it back into place for a landing but the bike guys laugh because when they say whip...they mean it...like renner or stewart or even lots of local guys I see at the track every weekend. They aren't tilting the bike to the side and leaning, etc. They are whipping the back end all the way at least completely sideways and laying it down...not landing it in a position like this but bringing it all the way back. Bubba and Renner are insane because the back wheel is actually in front of the rear wheel...you almost think they could land going backwards like the bicycle guys.

Dan does awesome lookbacks or "whips" if you will. I've used many of those pics as my screensaver at work trying to convince everyone I left my jersey at home that day and borrowed one of his. :D

My only point is this is just a term that doesn't equate between bikes and quads.

blasterfreak99
05-01-2008, 04:36 PM

wow, i know this is really off subject but dude i love your sig! lol

i like tweak also. it sounds pretty good to me!

and yes bubba and renner are friggin INSANE!! dont forget RC, his whips are pretty sick too.

NacsMXer
05-01-2008, 07:37 PM

LOL, that's so funny I thought I invented the term "tweak" a long time ago. Turndown, tweak, it's all the same thing for me. Messing around at the track it's like, "hey guys lets go throw down some tweaks" :p

I've always considered a "quad whip" to be when the rear end of the quad "whips" out to the side and starts overtaking the front.....similar to a powerslide or a "drift" on the ground. Just like the pics of creamer at the beginning of this thread.

Dan from BPG throws down some sick turndowns....he never dissappoints.

Here's me doing a little "tweak"...I didn't turn the wheels for extra style points that time LOL
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6284/mebyron23nn7.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6284/mebyron23nn7.9aa2b45c2e.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=403&i=mebyron23nn7.png)

And doing a small "whip", which is necessary since the lead up to the take off is a big left sweeper, and you're basically still turning left right before you hit the lip. Helps get the quad back going straight before you land.
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/306/byron35bl4.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/306/byron35bl4.49afa3c944.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=166&i=byron35bl4.png)