PDA

View Full Version : White Brothers Not Fitting Right!

kenheehn3
04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
i just bought a white brother e-series muffler for my 300 ex, from a guy on ebay, and once i got it and tried to bolt it on and there is an 1/8" gap all around the head pipe and it does not tighten up that much. I did look into the end of the stock pipe and there seems to be like a thick metal mesh type stuff which must act as a gasket or something like that, and i was curious if i need to order one of those. I am going to school to be a machinist and i just thought about making a steel sleeve that would make that gap go away, does anyone else think this would work, because i wouldn't see why not.
Please any suggestions would be great!
Thanks!
~Kenny

REDRIDDER
04-11-2008, 09:33 AM
it was probably for a 400ex.

Kurly154
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
If you have the stock head pipe then I don't think that the muffler will fit. You might have to buy the white brothers head pipe to match the muffler.

REDRIDDER
04-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Kurly154
If you have the stock head pipe then I don't think that the muffler will fit. You might have to buy the white brothers head pipe to match the muffler. never thought of that good one your probably right:)

hondapower8
04-12-2008, 06:08 PM
well if its a slip on it wont fit right without the sleeve thing but it fits on the stock head pipe...with it

John451
04-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah, you could make a piece like that. they sell them too though.... they'll have them at any store that sells plumbing stuff. It's the thing that makes a bigger pipe fit into a smaller one. Those are good to have because i always make different exhausts so i just grab one of those if i dont have the right size pipe. they go from like 2" to 1 1/2". They're usually copper. Good luck!

kenheehn3
04-12-2008, 10:45 PM
thanks guys, all this stuff helps me greatly. I think I am just going to get a peice of that 1.25" conduit and make a fitting outta that with some permatex as a gasket to really seal it all up.
~Kenny

John451
04-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Oya, the mesh stuff in the end is just the spark arrestor. If you take that out it'll shoot fire out the back when you start it hot. It's really cool but i'd leave it in.

kenheehn3
04-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I actually ended up just using header wrap as a filler for the gap and it sealed it all up great. Also while i had the muffler off i decided to get some ceramic coating and i sprayed my head pipe using my air brush gun. That stuff is really cool and works great!
Thanks for all your comments!
~Kenny