PDA

View Full Version : CDI woes

f150mann
04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
well guys there isnt a way to check if a cdi is good or bad is there??

well i found out the wire that gives power to the cdi comes from the stator, and its black with red, and i checked it, it does have power when the engine turns over. so that is all good.

but the wire that brings power FROM the cdi to the coil, black with yellow, doesnt get any power... does this mean bad cdi??

REPOMAN
04-10-2008, 07:05 PM
sounds like a bad cdi to me. i have a couple of extra stock cdi boxes. 50 bux shipped if you need one

imc188222
04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Check your other threads, how many do you need for one problem?

REPOMAN
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by imc188222
Check your other threads, how many do you need for one problem?
why do you care newb? dont like it dont read it. noone forced you to click on it

imc188222
04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
newb?! Grow up. I thought that everyone with half a brain realized that post count does not relate in anyway to real world experience. I get sick of wading through posts of different people asking the same question never mind one person starting multiple threads for the same problem. Obviously no-one forced me to click on the thread but I am trying to help him out with his quad and it would be easier if I didn't have to look at three different threads to keep up with where he is at. Now, why don't you not post anything if you have nothing to contribute? or are you working on that post count?

:edit:
wow, I found another one, make that four threads for the same problem!

REPOMAN
04-11-2008, 07:01 AM
noone said anything about post count. you are not trying to help by bashing him for having more than one thread little fella. if you were that concerned you would have sent him a pm and not worried about how many threads he started. if you dont want to waste your precious time dont wade through all these posts. i am sure anyone who gets your surely sound advice will be grateful about all the stress you had to go through just to find there thread and then talk trash to them. good day sir.

f150mann
04-11-2008, 08:22 AM
thanks! this dude has had retarded comments in every thread, and every thread is about something different! first was a general one, then one about testing a voltage regulator, and this one about testing CDI.