PDA

View Full Version : Bad Spark Plug or CDI Box??

TreXvor
04-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Whenever I first bought my Recon a year about two years ago, we were on the powerline trails around where I live and after coming back from the trail and was zipping through a field, it sputtered out and died. Now it wouldn't turn over but to make a long story short it started back up again and I had never had the probem again until this past weekend. We were on a trail and weren't driving hard or anything and it started to sputter out and died so we waited and waited until it would get going again but after 20 minutes nothing changed so I figured I would try to take a look at it. It sounded like the motor wasn't running right so I got the idea to take a look at the spark plug and when we took it out it didn't appear to be too bad but we pulled the crank over a few times to clear any excess fuel and it started up right away. It happened three times that day and every time I could clear it right up by taking the spark plug out and pulling the crank over. I can honestly say I don't drive this wheeler hard as it is my own, but whenever problems like this occur I don't know what causes them. Has anybody out there have any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be. Anything would be greatly appreciated.