PDA

View Full Version : fcr throttle cable?

kawi_rider_97
04-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Ok, gettin ready to my my new throttle cable and I was wonderin what I should by the cable for and what modifications I might have to do.

04-10-2008, 03:37 PM
it would help to know what you are doing?

we are not all knowing mindreaders

kawi_rider_97
04-10-2008, 03:45 PM
well if you have a z400 which according to your sig you don,t and you put my tittle with the section im posting under it wouldn't take a whole lot to put 2 & 2 together. but since you couldn't figure it out, I'm trying to figure out what cable
I should use for my Z400 with a FCR carb off a yfz. and what kind of modifications I might be lookin at.

04-10-2008, 04:09 PM
ok smart ***...i figured it was something on a z400 or a clone, but i didn't know what exactly...or any other factors that may affect the answer...it just so happens that i have an fcr carb on my 450r and i could answer your question, assuming that you are running a stock stem and bars, but i won't...good luck

when asking for help, it is alway best to be as straight forward as possible and give as much info. there are other factors that could affect the outcome...

kawi_rider_97
04-10-2008, 04:16 PM
K, Id rather have someone answer my question thats not a D**k and would politely tell me that I made a mistake. so anyone else that has the same setup any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

samz
04-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Motion Pro makes a cable that is for that specific set up. However, they do not sell it because carb parts warehouse has a patent on it. I don't remember the part number but you can call cpw and tell them what you have and for 39.99 + shipping they will send it your way. Thier number is (216) 635-1099 or www.carbparts.com. P.S. When you install it you can get rid of your spring in the stock throttle.

04-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by kawi_rider_97
K, Id rather have someone answer my question thats not a D**k and would politely tell me that I made a mistake. so anyone else that has the same setup any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

who is being a dick...you are showing the attitude you worthless punk *** kid...

you came with attitude first...

kawi_rider_97
04-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Dude im not even arguin with you, your just like every other punk that likes to talk crap on here so dont post on my threads, unless you have useful information for the subject at hand. and thanks for the reply samz.

04-11-2008, 05:07 PM
i'll post anywhere i want...

i asked for more info to help ya out and you come back with attitude...

i have forgotten more about quads than you will ever know...i have been riding since before you were even born...

why do you think no one has given you an answer except for samz. nice of him to help, but did it really help you out? not really...

good luck with life...you'll need it

cataway
04-11-2008, 06:56 PM
well now if you kids are done with you pissing match maybe i could interject.
my FCR came from a YFZ and a cable from a YFZ fits rather nicely.
i did have to change the thumber to one from a trx400ex but one from a YFZ would work as well but the honda one looks more stock.

kawi_rider_97
04-11-2008, 07:15 PM
sorry that was still me, I posted under my brothers name.