PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help replacing a torn CV boot?

bigblack316
04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm a little confused as I was reading different forums and some people say give the CV a good yank and it comes apart and others say theres a spring clip that needs pulled apart?

Its an '01 Polaris Scrambler.

thanks for the help :chinese:

rundrave
04-10-2008, 11:59 AM
hey come check out www.gen3usa.com

that site is all about scramblers, trailblazers and 400 sports

there is 2 clips on each end of the boot that you need to remove. they are also a pain in the @ss to get back together, its almost a 2 man job.

are you trying to fix the boot? what exactly is wrong?

Knoxy
04-10-2008, 12:13 PM
agreed replacing a boot is a pain in the ***** but if you get most things apart by your self.. the reassembly is the only part that will require two guys to get a firm installation of the clip

bigblack316
04-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by rundrave
hey come check out www.gen3usa.com

that site is all about scramblers, trailblazers and 400 sports

there is 2 clips on each end of the boot that you need to remove. they are also a pain in the @ss to get back together, its almost a 2 man job.

are you trying to fix the boot? what exactly is wrong?

i'll check the link out ;)

yes i wanna fix the boot, theres a big tear in it :(

rundrave
04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
if you going to replace the boot, and you are not familar with everything I would get a manual to help you. Its not a difficult task but you can mess up alot of things really quick, and there are some torque sequences that you need to know when putting the hubs back together.

there will be plenty of info on the gen3usa site. I know I have posted on how to help others do the same thing over there

bigblack316
04-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by rundrave
if you going to replace the boot, and you are not familar with everything I would get a manual to help you. Its not a difficult task but you can mess up alot of things really quick, and there are some torque sequences that you need to know when putting the hubs back together.

there will be plenty of info on the gen3usa site. I know I have posted on how to help others do the same thing over there i just registered over there :cool:

i'm def buyin' a manual this weekend if i can find a good one, i saw a scrambler one clymer made but it was only '97-'00 :(

i also seen haynes has one for a couple different atvs and one of them was a scrambler so i might end up pickin' that up, i also kinda figured there would be torq specs, jeez, i'll have to buy a torq wrench but i always wanted one, now i have a reason to get one

rundrave
04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
dont by the haynes or clymer manual, they are not nearly as detailed as the polaris one. trust me you will want the polaris one.

bigblack316
04-11-2008, 10:04 AM
any idea where i can get a polaris one besides the dealer?

bigblack316
04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Oh well, I'm gonna break down and take it to the dealer, this will be the first time they need replaced in 6 yrs so $200 is kinda cheap.