PDA

View Full Version : How to up this Rev Limiter in reverse on my 300ex

winched300ex
11-24-2002, 07:37 PM
Does anyone know how to make the rev limiter a little higher in reverse on my 300ex?

mod300ex
11-24-2002, 08:46 PM
yea i can take it out its really coo
ill u do is follow the wires from ur cars and the go into the wire harness and u cut the one and ground it and ur set

danney f
11-25-2002, 05:29 AM
Say what? Could you explain that again?

moto93
11-25-2002, 08:47 AM
You can bypass it by taking the two wires from the switch (behind the rear brake pedal), follow them back to the other side where you can disconnect/cut (I can't remember which) them, then connect them together.

Hope this helps,

Racing Rice
11-25-2002, 09:06 AM
Why would you want to remove the Revlimiter in reverse?

Are you trying to blowup your quad?:confused:

trueblue450
11-25-2002, 10:13 AM
the reverse rev limiter is doggy on the 300.. in some situations the reverse is useless cus you just hit your rev limiter.. But I wouldnt want to get rid of the whole thing.. but whatever

danney f
11-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Are there any wires that you can cut to remove the main revlimit?

winched300ex
11-27-2002, 02:55 PM
What i'm looking for is a way to make it higher not remove it.
I would like it to be the same as the main rev limiter.

If there is a way please let me know

Because 95% of the time when you need reverse your in a bad spot anyway and if the rev limiter is 2500 RPM's you cant use reverse to get you out.

outlaw319
11-27-2002, 03:59 PM
An easy way to remove the reverse rev limiter is.....
follow the 2 wires going from the reverse switch(behind brake pedal) up to the harness, (the wires are light green and white)
unplug the white from the harness and ground it to the frame!
(I grounded to the battery holder bracket!) and thats all there is to it! The only thing is it disables your reverse light,your nuetral light will stay on in reverse, but you shouldn't have to rely on a light to know if you're in reverse. Also you'll be able to start your 300 in reverse too (which i thought was kind of handy)
I've used this mod for well over a year and never had to worry about blowin my motor up while backing up! The stock limiter i thought kicked in to early to even help you back out of a simple little mudhole, or back up a little incline of a hill! With the mod you'll be able to back out of any trouble now!