PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Overbore max???

blacknblue#2
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Well i had a buddy/customer drop a 97 Shee off to me this evening...... He said he was buzzing down the road and it just lost power come to a stop and that was it, the kicker was locked. Well im not into it yet i will be tomorrow but im gonna lay a guess that the cylinder is seized. I did drain the tranny oil and there was no metal shavings so im guessin the crank is prolly good?? But this boy bought it used and says he was told it was bored .020 so my question is if they are seized whats the max i can go to clean these up?? it will be used for trail riding so i want to keep it as small as possible..............thanks guys

Dinner
04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
I believe .080 is the max you want to go. Once you get to that, or past that the sleeve walls get very thin and could run the risk of breaking.

Hondamaster5505
04-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Dinner
I believe .080 is the max you want to go. Once you get to that, or past that the sleeve walls get very thin and could run the risk of breaking.

It's actually .100, but I would NEVER do that. I'd resleeve it at .080.

Dinner
04-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
It's actually .100, but I would NEVER do that. I'd resleeve it at .080.

There is no point to going to .100 over. Sleeve walls are wayy to thin for many builders likings and the chance of running the sleeve wall too hot is too high. That's why people will bore to .080 if they have to and then re-sleeve after that.

So yes as you said you would never do it, no one else will either:eek2: lol