PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Johnny w/motoworks-can am wont start

Mr. Big Time
04-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I bought a brand new can-am 450 yesterday, I took it home and rode it for a little while, then I washed it, then this morning I started it and let my uncle ride it around the shop one time, he only rode it in second gear. At 7:30 this evening I brought it out to my track, I started it and it ran for about 30 seconds and it died, it has not started since, it took the air lid box off, and i added more supreme gas. I don't know what to do, and i am a little upset because I am trying to get as much practice as possible before the WORCS next weekend. So let me know what I should do please.

Damon

jaredw
04-10-2008, 08:22 AM
take it to the dealer

Punk'd
04-10-2008, 01:29 PM
What is it doing? Will it turn over? Does the EFI prime when you flip the key on?

water
04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
it turns over and the efi does prime when you flip the key. the problem is that the thing wont start.my dealer ship doesnt know anything about the problem.

p.s. this is another user responding for "mr.big time" he is the one who is posted the problem.

Punk'd
04-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Did it die on its own or did you kill it? Was it making and unusual sounds?

DSRider450
04-10-2008, 09:11 PM
did u check the fuses cause i washed mine one day then rode it around for a few minutes then a fuse blew. I guess the water got to it.

Mr. Big Time
04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Ok...thanks for your guy's help on here. I took one of the spark plugs out today and cleaned it off, then I put it back in and the quad fired right up. So I guess it was justt a fouled plug. I am going to replace both of them this weekend. But just for the record it died on it's own after I started it yesterday and it died about 20 seconds after opening it. I did get to open it up in 5th gear pinned today and that thing is freakin fast. I havent even cut the wire or turned the baffle or took the air box lid off. I cant wait to race it.

mike_1985
04-11-2008, 05:14 AM
That happened to me once after ridding thru a river, bike just choked and stopped workin , after leaving it to dry for 10 minutes i kept on trying to start it on the side of the bank . Well that didnt work and i started goin over the fusses the spark plug and everything else that could ve went wrong to no avail . Had to push it half mile from a river bed and over a hill in loads of mud just to get to the van . When i got at home i put some petrol in it and started 1st time

atvlover
04-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Damon, sorry I didn't get to your post in time. We are working to get all the bikes ready for Quadcross. We have not had a problem like that. If you are going to be at the WORCS race next weekend, come and see us. I have a pipe that we were running on Josh's bike. You can have it. You will be amazed at the power this things adds to your DS. It is our latest prototype for these bikes. We got about 3 mor HP on the bottom end. We look forward to seeing you at WORCS.

trx450RacR#413
04-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry to go off subject but Johnny could you PM me a # I could get ahold of you at? I have some ?'s

Mr. Big Time
04-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks alot Johnny, that sounds great. I have been doing alot of riding on it and I really love this quad. I just hope that my nerf bars come in on time. See you at WORCS