PDA

View Full Version : Shipping parts to Canada

jgraov001
04-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I am new to this forum and I have an 85 YTM200 that I need a few parts for. I live in Canada and have found a few places that sell the parts I need, but they don't ship to Canada. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jason

hondaking52
04-09-2008, 08:24 PM
hey i'm from ont to, i would just call em and ask, they will most likely say sure

00.400ex#55
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
lots of places ship to canada you just have to call them or send them an email. rocky mountian does too i orderd some wheels and tires from em. or you could always make an ebay acount, but that can be dangerous.

Flyin-Low
04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by jgraov001
I am new to this forum and I have an 85 YTM200 that I need a few parts for. I live in Canada and have found a few places that sell the parts I need, but they don't ship to Canada. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jason

Pretty much 3/4 of my quad is made from parts I've purchased in the US, almost every company will ship here if you call or email them.. It just costs more and they will nail you at the border with duty. I'm in Simcoe not too far from you, and good luck with the parts!

PAULMERT
08-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Simcoe eh? Small world I'm in Waterford. As for parts from the states, you should always try to get them shipped with usps. Good chance you will avoid brokerage fee's. Avoid ups at all costs, you get nabbed with 7 or 8% brokerage fee every time, and maybe gst too if I remember right. And an ebay account is not dangerous as long as your not an idiot and watch what your buying and who its coming from. I've bought lots of stuff off ebay and had no problems. Both of my quads were bought in the states and pretty much all my aftermarket parts as well. Saved thousands.

PAULMERT
08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Simcoe eh? Small world I'm in Waterford. As for parts from the states, you should always try to get them shipped with usps. Good chance you will avoid brokerage fee's. Avoid ups at all costs, you get nabbed with 7 or 8% brokerage fee every time, and maybe gst if I remember right. And an ebay account is not dangerous as long as your not an idiot and watch what your buying and who its coming from. I've bought lots of stuff off ebay and had no problems. Both of my quads were bought in the states and pretty much all my aftermarket parts as well. Saved thousands.

Flyin_250r
08-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Nice to see a few people from Ontario around. Like stated above. Most companies will ship to Canada. Just have to ask, and they usually charge quite a bit more. UPS absolutely nails you with the border fees unless you can get the parts valued much cheaper. Ive found, anything valued at $20 or less flies under the radar, its a risk but alot of the time its well worth it to save the bucks from the border fees. The guy from UPS that drops my parts off, says to get a UPS box right across the border and just go pick up the parts. Which is convient for me, because i live 15 minutes from the Niagara Falls border, but i havent really looked into it too much lately. I think the UPS box costs around $20-30 a month the guy said. I guess it depends on how much you plan on spending parts whether its justified or not.

justin1022
08-30-2008, 10:37 AM
my quad is 80% from the states. all of ebay.. everything i baught from there has come my way only thing that scared me was my pipe. took almost 2 months to get.

PAULMERT
05-08-2009, 09:20 AM
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html
Here is what UPS charges for brokerage fee's. If you spend the extra $ for faster shipping you will avoid the brokerage fees.