PDA

View Full Version : KTM engin in what frame?

jarfly
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I was givein a running KTM 250cc 2 stroke engin. What frame would it be the easyest to use?
Also on trans what kind of transmission do I need? does it need to be the one out of the dirt bike?

deathman53
04-13-2008, 05:51 PM
I would put that ktm motor in a 250r frame(please an aftermarket frame). As for the tranny, its inside the engine cases, so you can't it change anyway, and why would you?

TheNewn
04-14-2008, 05:27 PM
I second that aftermarket 250R frame. Or now that parts are getting harder to find, doesnt have to be a 250R aftermarket one.

And as the other poster said....the trans is in the engine cases...If you don't know that, maybe you shouldn't be attempting a hybrid build with an engine that also doesn't have a counter balancer...

deathman53
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't think about the non-counterbalanced at first. I know that non-counter balanced motors aren't bad(or any noticable vibration) in a trike, I'm told quads are very different. Consult a place that has built hybrid quads(especailly with non-counter balanced motors) first. I will tell you, that I own a ktm200exc and riding on the street and sometimes the dirt I can feel some vibration and it numbs my hands some, I would imagine the 250 motor would be very similar, something to keep in mind about vibration.

jarfly
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I just didt know about the trans. This is my first real big project. Ill prolly be useing a 300ex chassis. 400ex frount end and 250 swimger..