PDA

View Full Version : which would be cheaper and easier..?

Atreyu
11-24-2002, 06:16 PM
which project would be cheaper and easier...a 250r or a banshee ?? the 250r would be easier but the 250r suspension is expesive..thanks

optikid123
11-24-2002, 06:30 PM
well what do you want to make. with a shee you have to get 2 of everthing

11-24-2002, 06:34 PM
thats only for motor stuff opr equipment, he said suspension and stuff too, i would go for the r though. the banshee is more costly prolly, depends on what kind of abuse it will go through

Atreyu
11-24-2002, 06:53 PM
thats only for motor stuff opr equipment, he said suspension and stuff too, i would go for the r though. the banshee is more costly prolly, depends on what kind of abuse it will go through

mainly trail riding

AtvMxRider
11-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Go with the R for trails. It will handle so much better. Everyone syas a banshee is no good for tight trails but that's not true I ride with a couple guys with banshees and the are fast in the woods. The banshee is more costly to do motor mods cause you have to buy 2 of everything.

11-24-2002, 08:08 PM
for get rebuildin a 2 stroke rebuild like a 250x or something those quads r way to much to rebuild i mean sure there great quads but its just not worth it dude

Sportrax10
11-24-2002, 08:41 PM
dead kennedys, i think he wants something a lot faster then a 250x, but a 4 stroke could be a good idea

go with the 250r! there so awsome, i want to rebuild one myself:blah

11-24-2002, 08:43 PM
250r- definetly man, get some tires on her and ur set

11-24-2002, 09:18 PM
i myself would rather do it to a banshee

trueblue450
11-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
i myself would rather do it to a banshee

:D :huh :D

Moded86R
11-24-2002, 10:34 PM
The banshee suspension is just as expensive really.I am not sure if you are talking aftermarket or what.The 250r has way better geometry than a banshee does.It handles better no matter what you are riding in.Woods,mx,dunes.

Motor wise the banshee and the R is a tough debate.The Shee is going to be faster with less mods.You put aftermarket pipes,port,Carb and a nice reed cage in a shee and you got a screamer.Not to say the R wouldn't scream to.

Yes some things on a shee cost more.Ussually the results are better than on a singel cylinder like the R or LT's.So it kind of eqauls out.

It is commom knowledge that shee's don't have to much bottom end.I beleive this is from the stock porting.Whenever yamaha designed the Banshee's motor it was originally used in the RZ350 street bike.Which had electronicly controlled power valves.Since the shee doesn't have power valves it is understandable why it doesn't have the low end.

It really doesn't matter which bike you choose.Both have been built every possible way and the results are proven for each method.

I would build another R.I just love these bikes.I am trying to look at it from both sides of the fence though.