PDA

View Full Version : Flexx Bar question

blacknblue#2
04-09-2008, 01:33 AM
This may be a dumb question but maybe some ppl can help me out a little. I have ran Flexx bars for about 8 months now and have always had them set almost straight up so that they would absorb the impact of when im standing up on jumps. Now i read somewhere that ppl are saying they run them tilted back to absorb the impact of when your down low sliding into burms and stuff to that sort. I am just wondering how you guys run your flexx bars and where do they give you the best performance??

04-09-2008, 03:17 AM
like any other bars, run them where the are the most comfortable to you...

quad2xtreme
04-09-2008, 05:04 AM
I run them to reduce the strain on my wrists when I come up short on a landing. One bad thing about Flexx bars is they only give in one direction. Other bars like Pro Taper give in multiple directions. I count on my anti-vibe stems to give front-to-back.

Jamie@Fasstco
04-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Ideally, you would like to set them up so that they articulate in the same plane as the steering stem. By doing so, you not only gain all of the performance that the bar has to offer but it also puts them in the most natural position for shock absorbtion.

With that being said... run them where they feel the most comfortable but keeping them as inline with the stem as you can.