View Full Version : hmf or dasa?

450raider
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
nah im not getting a pipe for a little while but no reason why i cant start narrowing now, really im between hmf, dasa, rossier, pro circuit, but the hmf and dasa have the most "success" stories behind them so heres what im lookin for

- low price obviously, best bang for the buck (s/o or full system)
- quieter but still with a cool hum (i like em quiet so i can here around me in case someone wrecks or has trouble or something)
- performs in all aspects (low, mid, and top)

now ive got plenty of time to go over it so feel free to give any input, im kinda already leaning toward hmf because i got one on my R and its held up well, pretty solid for the price but you throw in the possibility of a full system and thats where things get interesting

lastly would any programmer work with any pipe, or would it be best to keep the same brands stuff together?

thanks

spanky101
04-09-2008, 12:56 PM
these pipes are two great pipes! I am a huge addvocate for keeping it pretty quiet. I do know dasa produces a 16" 99db pipe so it keeps it quiet and thats always a plus and doesnt limit performance from what i have heard.

450raider
04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
heres what i found on prices

lexx s/o $200 (in rockymountainatv book if they hold up like the tusk stuff i can very easily see me getting one of these)

anyone know about those motoworks pipes? i just saw em flippin through the book and they dont look to badly priced

hmf s/o $260 + $20 for colored, full $485 (sport)

dasa full $445 (saw it on central, and it looks insane in the pics, this one may very well be it)

now i gotta look through programmers :p, you see why im taking my time with this,i wanna be able to get both at the same time.

mod440ex
04-09-2008, 03:56 PM
i would say pay the extra and get a pc3. unless you paln on putting a pipe on and leaving it like that.

BEARAZZ
04-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I have got a motoworks slip on on mine.. It was on it when i bought the quad and i'm not that happy with it.. I love the sound of it but The packing is blowing out and the rivits are coming loose.. as for an efi controller i have a Dobeck Performance TFI. I love it it really woke up my quad.. but everyone has there own opinion.. But for the money diffrence I don't think you can go wrong

looke83
04-09-2008, 05:36 PM
if you wait long enough i can tell you exactly which is better between a fmf and dasa. I ordered a Dasa full 13" system along time ago, but the pipes at dasa for the kfx are back ordered, and i wouldnt have it in time for the first races, so m friend told me to get a fmf instead. I ordered a FMF 4.1 with a mega bomb header. and after that i figured i couldnt take my dasa prder back so i will eventually have both here. and for a programer i have a PCIII.

450raider
04-09-2008, 07:38 PM
yeah thanks lets hear how the fmf is doing (to be honest i kinda forgot about them, i thought they turned all their focus to bikes) and for a programmer, im looking for

- price
- something simple to operate (i know nothing of efi yet, which is why i want one from a cool place that can fix things for me with one phone call)
- maybe removable? (if they make em like that, ive stated many times i riught trails and id hate to have the programmer get wet and short out or something)

so if yall say dobeck or pc3 one of them could be it, oh and does any programmer work with any pipe?

thanks for input everyone