PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake problems

DSRider450
04-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Has anybuddy encounterd loosing their rear brakes i was riding the other day and i just started to loos my brakes slowly so i went to go bleed them and they will not bleed i can not get any fluid out of the fitting when i go to bleed them my brake resivor is full of brake fluid. I just can not get them to bleed no matter hat i do. Any help on this one will help.

dbkbushwacker
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I had the same problem too. I took it back to the dealership and got it warrantied.

Punk'd
04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I have the exact same problem. Except I was able to get pressure back after alot of bleeding. Also check your pads mine are already worn to the metal.

dbkbushwacker
04-08-2008, 10:37 PM
My pads wore out really fast too. Any one having problems with their rear spocket wearing out fast. My dealer told my they were recalled so my ds was down for 3 weeks.

ds450
04-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Im slowly loosing mine and 2 of them at the dealer I work at had problems too. One bike went through pads in one weekend and another got air in the line. Im going to bleed mine tonight because air is what is causing this problem. This is gonna be warrantied I bet soon.

jaredw
04-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Ive never realized it but now that you guys say this my back brakes have never really been too good outta the box. I just usually use my fronts anyways.

Punk'd
04-09-2008, 09:47 AM
It sucks. They need to recall them and make some better pads.

mike_1985
04-09-2008, 02:30 PM
i had back brake problems since day one , i took it back to the dealer and they fixed it on the spot . Something wrong with the cylinder bushes or the rubber bits inside . Not very happy but atleast it got done withing half hour ( new cylinder that is )

maconu
04-09-2008, 05:30 PM
I had a back break problem on my also. I think the problem was that I tore my heal guard top mount which ended up behind the mount and was bumping up against the hose leading to the brake reservoir. I'm guessing that while riding this let air into the lines. I took the bike in and they power bled the system. I also put the Aluminum heal guards in (BRP... Looks great). I haven't had any problems since them.

Punk'd
04-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I also noticed half of one pad wore more down than the other half (looks like a ramp) anyone else have this problem?

ds450
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Im gonna try and get my dealer to call can-am and see what they say about tht rear brake problems. I tried to bleed mine and I cant get the spunginess out of them and I only had my quad for 2 months and my brake pads are almost shot.

sturdivant58
04-10-2008, 09:13 PM
We have had similar problems with the rear brake, the conclusion i have came to, is the rear master cylinder does not vent properly with the resi. if u remove the cap to the resi the brake will pump right back up! If u still cant get any fluid push the piston back in the caliper with the cap off slowly, then rebleed. Dp brake pads will last 4 times longer than the stockers!! -Brandon

ds450
04-11-2008, 08:10 AM
I took my cap off and tried and still not the right amount of pressure on the pedal and I tried to bleed it but still no gain but I need new pads almost so when I get my new pads I will push the piston in and try and rebleed them.

Punk'd
04-11-2008, 10:25 AM
We called Can Am yesterday at the shop. No recall at the moment, but I'm bringing mine into work today to get everything checked out and prolly warranty new parts. I'll keep you guys updated if I find anything out.

ds450
04-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Let me know what you find out because I work at a dealer also and I will call them too if yours is warrentied. I just ordered new pads for mine right now because mine are worn out already.

Punk'd
04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Can Am changed their part number on the pads (and they are on backorder untill the 20th) so hopefully this means they improved them. The reason to my loss of pressure is because my brake line was rubbing my exhaust! You guys should check this out.

mxracer
04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
The problem with the rear brake is the diaphragm (the parts under the reservoir cap) is to short and when pads start to wear it create a succion because the diaphragm can't expand enough.

A simple fix is to make a small hole in the diaphragme but be sure to have always enough fluid in the reservoir.

Stock pads don't last long I am sure they will come out with something better

ds450
04-16-2008, 06:22 PM
When you loose the brake pedal or it gets soft. Just remove the caliper and bleed it laying on its side with the bleeder pointing upwards. The way the piston setup is designed it holds air in. My brakes are rock solid and lock up so easy not.