PDA

View Full Version : so i THOUGHT it was jetting!

REPOMAN
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
but it wasnt. the problem started about three weeks ago. when motor is hot have i have at the top of any gear and full throttle it would cut out. recently built a new 440 ported polished stage 2 hotcam aluminum air box, curtis sparkes exhaust, blah blah blah. have been jetting and rejetting and finally gave up and called curtis sparks. at first we came to the realization that i was indeed a little on the rich side but the problem is still there no matter what. me and the tech guy talked somemore and realized that my stator was going bad. makes perfect sense as i added a fan to cool my bike recently and have aftermarket lights so i was pulling alot of power. i ordered a high output stator yesterday with a new regulator and it will be here friday. point is i was over thinking stuff and didnt think of everything it could have been. i will post up when the new stator gets here.

REPOMAN
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM TODAY AND I FEEL LIKE AN *****HAT. MY OUTERWEAR WAS REALLY DIRTY. I TOOK IT OFF AND IT RAN GREAT

Dball
04-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Man I'm so guilty of this always thinking worst case scenario when it usually ends up being so basic good to hear that it was a cheap fix.

Bigdaddy52302
04-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Man I am guilty of this too, Mine is even dumber though, I think I have done it like 4 times. My bike will start and idle then die, again and again and I am ready to scrap the whole damn thing before I realize I was just out of gas..:eek2:

REPOMAN
04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Dball
Man I'm so guilty of this always thinking worst case scenario when it usually ends up being so basic good to hear that it was a cheap fix.
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BUT I HAD ALREADY ORDERED A HIGH OUTPUT STATOR AND REGULATOR. OHWELL