PDA

View Full Version : Finished the LT80 (almost)

scary132
04-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Hello all. Just finished putting together my sons LT80. My first ATV with four wheels! I read about every post on here in the process, so I figured I'd post it and show it off. Neat little machine.

1988 Suzuki LT80 from Craigslist: $400

New: Douglas wheels and Kenda tires.
JLATV front a-arm extenders.
Brake cables.
Handlebars/grips.
Battery and starter relay.
Sprockets and chain (stock gearing).
Belt and clutch rollers (stock setup).
Added a pull start.
Removed oil injection.
AC front bumper.
PRM Baja grab bar.
Flame stickers :D

I wet sanded the tank and fenders for hours. They came out nice. Painted the hubs Suzuki blue. Painted the exhaust w/ Duplicolor high heat /ceramic paint, aluminum color.

The petcock leaks, so I ordered a new Banshee one. Then we'll be in business. I have to shave the front fenders a little too so they dont rub:rolleyes:

scary132
04-08-2008, 07:04 PM
another

EXMARK
04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Is the PRM grab bar for the LT? or did you get one and modify it?

scary132
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Its not for the LT80, I modified one. I talked to a guy named Kerry at PRM. He was very cool, and went through the demensions of several until we found one that was close. On there website www.prm-atv.com , it is for the Suzuki LT230QS. It comes with mounting brackets and taillight brackets that wont work. He offered to send one without the brackets for no extra charge. All I did was drill a couple extra holes, and grind notches for the fender support. I just got longer fender support bolts to mount the front, then a bolt through the frame ends at the rear.

It is solid... and looks cool too