PDA

View Full Version : ATVriders.com Honda TRX 700XX IRS ATV Review Released

Admin
04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Dumont Dunes, CA – In recent years there has been speculation and anticipation among Honda loyalists as to when their favorite ATV manufacturer would come out with a big bore sport quad. Every year, when it came close to the time for Honda to release their new models, Internet forums would be a blaze with rumors that it would be the year for the manufacturing giant to release a 600-700cc machine. Now, in 2008, those rumors have finally been laid to rest by the release of Honda’s TRX 700XX.

Of course we jumped at the opportunity when Honda invited ATVriders.com out to California to test ride their newest addition to the TRX family. Honda wanted media to test ride their newest creation before its released date in April, but they did not want the test riders to have to deal with inclement riding conditions such as rain, cold, and/or mud, so the location of choice was one with varied terrain that ranged from rugged, rocky, desert trails to sand dunes. We first met up with the Honda crew in Las Vegas, NV and then headed southwest through the desert towards the Dumont Dunes, where we would be putting the TRX 700XX to the test.

Honda TRX 700XX ATV Complete Review Link (http://www.atvriders.com/atvreviews/honda2008-trx-700xx-irs-atv-test-ride-review.html)

Honda TRX 700XX ATV Photo Gallery (http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2008-honda-trx-700xx-atv-photo-gallery/index.html)

Honda TRX 700XX ATV Action Video & Rider Interview (http://www.atvriders.com/atvreviews/honda2008-trx-700xx-irs-atv-test-ride-review-videos.html)

klutch
04-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Well now I know my future trail bike :D I read the review and watched the vids that thing is sick. Keep my 450R for MX. When i get a job and going to start saving for that beast!

reconranger
04-12-2008, 03:39 PM
What do you think about the fact that they put an over-square high reving little slipper piston engine that doesn't like to be lugged down or ridden slowly (just like your 450R!) in a "trail" quad???? This frame begs to be ridden in semi-technical terrain and rutted eastern trails, yet it seems to me they gave it an engine that is better suited to wide open country.

Some gearing changes may help, but is this machine really going to match your "trail" riding conditions???

07trx400ex
04-12-2008, 03:51 PM
A higher revving engine is actually very desirable for alot of the nastier hill-climbs in my area.

klutch
04-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by reconranger
What do you think about the fact that they put an over-square high reving little slipper piston engine that doesn't like to be lugged down or ridden slowly (just like your 450R!) in a "trail" quad???? This frame begs to be ridden in semi-technical terrain and rutted eastern trails, yet it seems to me they gave it an engine that is better suited to wide open country.

Some gearing changes may help, but is this machine really going to match your "trail" riding conditions???

Well umm... lets see... Florida. Sawgrass fields. Should do great! And my 450R doesn't do horrible. Just a lot of clutching. My problem with my 450R is its all MXed out so its harder for me on certain occasions.

mike nash
04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I ride in PA with a 450r and it's really rocky and I have zero problems with technical parts of the trail.But I would definately welcome the ground clearance that the 700 boasts on my 450r which has 15:1 compression and is definately a fun ride here on the rough rocky trails.The gearing should help this out if it's a top end machine.

400exkid2
04-15-2008, 10:39 AM
im with Klutch this quad will be one of the best trail riders out there and for wide open areas

RATPACK Z400
04-20-2008, 09:32 AM
I agree when It gets rocky it will be the best! I ride towercity PA area sometimes And that quad will have a hard time hanging with 400s,450s on the hillclimbing. if its motor is what you guys say,the kawi 700 WAS as said the king of the hills in the mags when it came out a few year back, and we took two out on ride with are group and those things couldn,t go up hills 400exs where going so we will see this year what they can climb I have a feeling its going to be same results as the 700 kawi!

scuzz
04-24-2008, 02:00 PM
It would be nice if I could hear the quad a little better instead of the music. No need for a music montage video right off the bat.