PDA

View Full Version : Question for other racers!!!! BIG TIME

Goody7
04-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Sorry guys but I need help from other pro's so if you dont know what your talking about please dont reply!!!

Problem: I am running a baldwin that is tricked out to the max. I am running half and half mixture of 110 and 98. I am having heat issues. My sponsors have looked at the motor and are kind of stumped. There is no head gasket leak and my jetting is spot on. Has anyone ever ran just straight 110+???? will it help keep this raped ape from running hot????

Yes, novice things like E-ice, in-line cooler are done.

I am going to put in a gauge. Anyone else running a Baldwin and what temp is it at after a race???

My biggest worry is that if she blows it is going to turn into a massive fire ball when it does:( not cool!!!

Ride1Rob
04-08-2008, 07:23 AM
I didn't know that you had to be a "PRO" racer to know about motors :confused: . Maybe you can get help from the people that built the timebomb (lol). That seems to would have been the obvious choice from start :rolleyes: .

Goody7
04-08-2008, 07:31 AM
LOL... I knew ppl would get butt hurt but hey if you KNOW YOUR STUFF about motors I want to hear what you have to say... I am trying to get help on this thing from all over I am in a time crunch for nationals!!!!

04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
what do you mean " heat issues " ? if you can be more specific i can help you out.

ohsobad_chevy
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I am no expert, but I would suggest running 110 strait and perhaps a PWR radiator.

yfzrider310
04-08-2008, 05:21 PM
This may not be an issue but maybe run a bigger jet to jet some more fuel in there. You might be running lean. Maybe not because I'm sure you would know that but if not check it.

Goody7
04-09-2008, 06:58 AM
I am going to run the guage in practice to see what the temp is with a halpf and half mix. Then just run straight 110+ and hope it cools it downs some. I guess this is the price you pay when you start boring and running to large of camms on an engine. Any more suggestions I would gladly like to hear them!!! My wosrt fear is that I am going to have to pull this bike off the track to be in the shop for awhile.

millertime13
04-09-2008, 07:38 AM
i would say you are jetted to lean...i have built my trx to a 480 14.25.1.. never runs hot... now i have my yfz bulit to a 480 14.25.1 ported head with +1 valves.. esr intake..bored carb to 42mm.. and it doesn't run hot....best thing you can do is put it on a dyno and get the jetting set...i run 113 race gas... what comp. piston you running ? what jets you running ? does your fan kick on ? does it blow coolint out ? would help if you gave more info..

yernkie
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Boring a motor and putting in large cams won't cause a motor to overheat. :rolleyes: A motor starts to overheat when things are not working properly, like water pump, jetting, etc. Find a shop that can check your jetting for you (either dyno or just handheld O2 sensor). If that looks good, look into your cooling system. Is air getting into the coolant? Is the water pump and/or seal going bad (common YFZ problem)? Is the coolant good? Radiator plugged?