PDA

View Full Version : Places to Ride in Ma

Miannino
04-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Hey Guys,
Just moved to Franklin Ma and I am looking for people to ride with as well as places to ride. Thanks

BigCountry17
04-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I live in Hampden County but I have buddies that live up in Turner Falls area..Let me know when you want to get together.. I have a couple of friends that head up tothe Bershires to ride at October Mountain and Bear Mountain..

Miannino
04-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the invite, I will keep it in mind but I was hoping to find something closer. October Mountain is 2 hours away for me, a little longer than I would like to drive. If anybody know of any trails in the Milford/Bellingham area please shoot me an email. Thanks!

sideways
04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
there are a lot of trails in the bellingham/franklin area, but if you're on a quad, none of them are legal. franklin state forext and wrentham state forest are legal for dirtbikes only, all other places are watched by the fuzz pretty closely. i live in bellingham, and have been arrested 3 times on my quad in the past 3 years, gave up on riding around herer and now travel to pittsfield or maine to ride.

mass sucks for atvers. they just closed down tolland state park to atv's, and im sure october mountain and pittsfield state are in the sights for future closing. within 10 years is my guess.

Miannino
04-15-2008, 05:39 AM
How far is Pittsfield? I would not mind traveling a hour can you suggest a place in maine?

sideways
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
pittsfield is about 2.5 hrs away. in maine my family has a house north of augusta so i go there to ride. im sure there are plenty of places just over the border in maine to ride. i know NH has a trail system that goes right by one of the rest areas. i think you can actually park and leave from the rest area, i stil havent researched that area yet. went out in bellingham franklin last sun and it was a good ride, but ran into 2 cops on quads, got lucky and i knew one of them so they sent me on my way. always someone to ruin the fun.