PDA

View Full Version : pop-up at login..?

Outlaw 50
04-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Is this happening to everyone who logs on to this site or is something wrong with my browser?

I thought I had all these things blocked but it seems like I missed one..

Pappy
04-08-2008, 05:44 AM
lol i thought the same thing, however it is part of a new advertising campaign for Suki and should only happen when someone logs in or visits the homepage.

Outlaw 50
04-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Ok at this point I'm hatin' the pop-up ad and the company who is paying for it...trying to sell me something by aggravating me...not so much..Every time I log on to the site...c'mon enough already.

I spent a lot of cash on the computer and programs to keep from having to deal with this irritating crap and this one can't be blocked.

Who got the bright idea to allow this ad to happen? I understand that the forum needs to make money to stay online and free to the users but geez...

Iliketogofast
04-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I can't find the close button, and it blocks the navigation so you can't get to the forums until it times out after like 30 seconds. Annoying. :ermm:

This is on Firefox, so it's probably different for everyone else.

NacsMXer
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
I can't find the close button, and it blocks the navigation so you can't get to the forums until it times out after like 30 seconds. Annoying. :ermm:

This is on Firefox, so it's probably different for everyone else.

I'm on Firefox too and getting the same annoying pop-up in my face EVERY time I try to go to atvriders.com :mad: Doesn't go away for 30 seconds as well :grr:

Talk about spam, annoying is right! The admin should do something about this because it's downright intrusive.

tim colston
04-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I agree it is very annoying. I do understand that the site needs to make adv. cash. I will deal with it and not ***** anymore but I won't be buying any suzuki products for that reason ant time soon. I hope this doesn't last too long.

m.h.s.c.#527
04-08-2008, 12:27 PM
on mine it does its spinny thing and lasts at most 5 seconds i guess im lucky

Ralph
04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Outlaw 50
Ok at this point I'm hatin' the pop-up ad and the company who is paying for it...trying to sell me something by aggravating me...not so much..Every time I log on to the site...c'mon enough already.

I spent a lot of cash on the computer and programs to keep from having to deal with this irritating crap and this one can't be blocked.

Who got the bright idea to allow this ad to happen? I understand that the forum needs to make money to stay online and free to the users but geez...

if you understand that we need money to keep this site free to you guys then why do you block the advertisements?

Ralph
04-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527

it does that for everyone. It really is not as intrusive as people want to believe.

For a completely free site that offers you way more than any magazine out there for free i don't think its a big deal.

Its only up for 5 seconds, its not spam, and then your done.

You spend more time looking at all the ads in a magazine. Now-a-days every other page in a magazine is an advertisement. On the website, Its not like every time you click into a new section something comes up.

Anyways,,,, Props to Suzuki for supporting the site! Check out the ad for instructions on how to win a FREE Brand New Kingquad!

Admin
04-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, if it wasn't for Suzuki and other manufacturers, I couldn't afford to travel and do the article, race coverage, and etc..

The Suzuki ad was suppose to start in march, but there was issues with it, so it will run for the next week or so every day to catch up, but then it will be reduced to just one day a week, so it will not load every day as it does now.

Please understand by checking out these ads and dealing with them only help make the site better, and I will consider not allowing this type of advertising in the future if it is a major issue for the members.

HtFoxChick
04-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh, i HATE it too!!!! Don't these people know how much we hate popups!!:mad: I'd fire the one with this idea!!!:mad:

Not a clever idea by any means!!

tim colston
04-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Oh, i HATE it too!!!! Don't these people know how much we hate popups!!:mad: I'd fire the one with this idea!!!:mad:

Well then can you offer up the money that suzuki put up to advertise this way then???? i agree that it is annoying but that is an ignorant statement. atvriders has to make money some how.

04-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't have the problem of this pop up, I have saved the "forum" link in favourates, not the "home link" thus avoiding the adverts.

Rip_Tear
04-08-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm more so not impressed with the link due to the fact that it more or less looks like it shouldn't be there. If it didn't take up the whole page and wasn't soo in your face it wouldn't be so bad.

Like someone else had mentioned, it looks like one of those "virus" ads, when you get a program that pops up ads. People new to the site will see it and just leave due to the big ad, and not realize there is a site behind it...

This is just my opinion but, I'm not here for the race coverage, or to pay attention to the ads here, sorry but this site is getting out of control with the advertising. I know it's expensive to keep up and going, but 99% of the ads are useless to me anyways.

Bradracer18
04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
If you guys have trouble with it....just click on forums and then bookmark/add to favorites that page. I don't get any pop-ups....

HtFoxChick
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm trying to understand what Suzuki is thinkin. popups=way to make money?

There just has to be other ways than this!:ermm:

(I have enough pop ups on my computer):(

and yes, I do virus scans on a regular basis. I get tired of it!!!

bradley300
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
it does that for everyone. It really is not as intrusive as people want to believe.

For a completely free site that offers you way more than any magazine out there for free i don't think its a big deal.

Its only up for 5 seconds, its not spam, and then your done.

You spend more time looking at all the ads in a magazine. Now-a-days every other page in a magazine is an advertisement. On the website, Its not like every time you click into a new section something comes up.

Anyways,,,, Props to Suzuki for supporting the site! Check out the ad for instructions on how to win a FREE Brand New Kingquad!

its just annoying, if they want our business, ask for it, dont force yourself on us every time we log in. i'm linking my favorites straight to the forums now, so i geuss i'll be missing most of the other adds thanks to 1 annoying one

Ralph
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
its just annoying, if they want our business, ask for it, dont force yourself on us every time we log in. i'm linking my favorites straight to the forums now, so i geuss i'll be missing most of the other adds thanks to 1 annoying one

Come to the homepage for news and exlusive articles not the ads. We want to please everyone but as its been said its not a cheap to run this place.

Just see it like any other advertising: comercials on tv, ads in magazines, etc.

I dont stop watching tv everytime a comercial comes on.

We are talking about a 5 second ad here plus you have the option to close out of it right away.

Were doing our best here...:o and it will only be on 1 day a week soon.

Also, even if you may not agree with suzuki's choice of advertising, they are still supporting the site so dont turn your back on someone who is keeping this place around for you all.

400ex28
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I have yet to see the ad :confused:

rollie
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
i doesnt really bother me, atleast suzuki is supporting the site, how many honda ads do you see?

anyway ralph, im not sure about others but on my computer it won't let you scroll up to X out of it, i just take that time i change a song or whatever but i know some people don't like it:cool:

kawiefan
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
x2

Exrider434
04-08-2008, 08:08 PM
if you want to get past it to the forums faster just type exriders.com/vbb, its really not that big of a deal the popup lasts a whole 10 seconds or so