PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick help.

416exfreak
04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Ok, im going to the track saturday, and ppl tell me they have a new jump.

Its bigger than anything Ive ever tried, and I want to hit it.

They say its roughly 110 feet and you have 100-150 foot of running room before it. Its out of a 180 degree turn though.

What I need to know, is how to go about hitting it. Its acually 2 table tops. I have a 400ex, with a built 440 engine, running 20 inch rear tires (cant change it) and 15:36 gearing.

Im thinking if I can pull 3rd through the corner and hit the jump in the top of 4th, maybe i'll make it.

Another thing....im running stock a-arms and axle, along with 450r takeoffs and a stock rear....

Do you think my quad can live through it? (im not worried about myself):blah:

CannondaleRider
04-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I'd say if you are asking some people on a forum, who have mostly never seen the jump, how to hit a particular large huck........You probably shouldn't be trying.

Big hucks are something you have to just KNOW how to hit, you can't ask someone, use there take on it, and just go out and attempt it based purely off someones idea of how to go about it.. You have to KNOW.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my take.

.....and, "Just huck it, you'll be fine" isn't always good advice, haha.

blacknblue#2
04-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Yeah man i have to agree with cannondalerider. We cant tell you how to hit a jump, everyone jumps different because everyone is different(weight, power the bike puts out, suspension build) all that stuff. I wont lie i wouldnt hit any 110 foot gap on stock 450R take-offs but hey man you may have bigger kahoonas than me. If it was me and your serious about jumping it i would just keep jumping the first tabletop until you can get a good judgement of how fast and and what attempt it will take for your quad to get fully get over that second one because it could turn ugly if you land about 15 feet short

416exfreak
04-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Thats what all of my friends are saying too. If you dont make it completely, its going to hurt.

Im gonna just hit the first table and see how that feels. I guess if im feeling froggy by the end of the day then I'll try it.:blah:

dustin_j
04-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Be sure to get pics:D

416exfreak
04-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j
Be sure to get pics:D

No doubt!:D

Nick110
04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
If I were you I wouldnt be trying this. If you dont know how to hit it then you obviously dont have the skill or confidence to do it. Ive hit 100+ ft jumps and Im in 4th gear around half throttle on a 450r.

Also I dont think the stock components will hold up to that landing. Even if you make it perfectly you still might break something depending on how high the jump sends you.

My advice go out and practice more at this track and check it out, when it feels right to try........ Pin it.

04-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I'll do table tops but gaps are a no for me unless they are pretty close gaps. 4th gear 100+ft jump on stock shocks... I wouldnt try it. I would kinda do a fast roll on the jump to see about the take off and stuff get a feel for it. Do that a few times and guage how fast you would need to go. Farthest jump I have hit without a landing was 7ft high and 23ft distance of air. This jump was below the ground so if it were a regular jump on ground and not bleow the normal ground I would have been banged up. I bottomed out my shocks so hard it was 1 of those take a breather and make sure your quad just didnt fall apart after that. Wish ya luck man