PDA

View Full Version : power commander issue

jdc04
04-07-2008, 09:13 PM
hey, got a few Q's....

Bought an 06 LTR with dasa exhaust, air box eliminator and power commander on it. the bike was for my girl friend and she dose not need all that stuff. tok the after market stuff off and put it all on my 06 LTR.

after removing the stuff i put the stock pipe with core removed, stock air box with lid removed, and a cherry bomb on it. the bike runs so horrible. it has no power at all.

not sure where to start. i did not think removing the after market parts and setting it all back to stock would be such a pain.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

hanes17
04-09-2008, 10:12 AM
How did it run before you took all the stuff off? I would double check all the connections that you took apart. There really is no reason that would make it run like junk from just returning it to stock.

jdc04
04-13-2008, 04:40 PM
the bike ran pretty goog before i took it all off. i did not really ride the bike, except for about ten runs up and down the street. the runs on the street were really strong and the bike felt great. it did not hesitate or loose top end power.

the only connections that i had to mess with were the two plugs for the bypass through the PC and the one connection that is spliced(this one nothing goes to any way, stock). other than that i put everything to stock.

the bike stock just sounds starved at an idle and has poor, poor, poor acceleration and has zero top end power.

quad59
04-15-2008, 11:00 AM
The wire th PC was spliced to is the power wire for your throttle position sensor. Check to make sure that plug is secure on the sensor and that the wire isnt cut were the splice was.

jdc04
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
thanks for the heads up on the TPS. i think that was the issue. i took the connector out of the wire and taped it up. then i reset the connection to the tps and so far the bike seems to be back to normal.

we will see it does in the sand in a few weeks.

quad59
04-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Glad it worked... Learned that lesson on the face of a big table top... LUCKY it was a table top!!!