PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki and Kawasaki quads

motochris
11-24-2002, 03:55 PM
I dont know if this has been brought up before or not. A buddy of mine said that the Kawasaki quad has Suzuki parts on it and that he seen the Suzuki name on the frame... I never look at them really to check things out... So sounds like to me Kawasaki and Suzuki couldnt keep up with Honda so they had to merge together to make a good quad.... Sorry if this is old news but just thought i would ask........ "HONDA RULES"..............:cool:

Twiztid
11-24-2002, 03:58 PM
yeh, hopefully honda wont let us down, hopefully they will come out with a new quad in a couple months if not sooner

TRX250X
11-24-2002, 04:13 PM
I believe that the Kawasaki KFX400 and the Z400 are the exact same quads with different plastic. I'm not sure how this "alliance" (as the suzuki press document described it) between the two companies work, but they are combining some of their resources. I found some information about this from this link.

http://www.rideamotorcycle.com/news/020610c.shtml

Glow Plug
11-24-2002, 04:55 PM
Kawasucky and fart acrap can't get off their lazy arse's and design the own feekin quad's and even yamaha and suzuki are the same who came up with the frame that almost every sport quad is modeled after ??? gee i wonder honda

the only big company that has really desgined their own frame and quad would be polaris (sp?) in the perditor ok if it sucks arse then yeah they tryed, but if you go and look at the kawasaki and suzuki they look the same as the ex but with diffrent plastic the shocks are even the same kind.

osrry just had to vent

tprender
11-24-2002, 04:58 PM
I guess that you need to go and take a look at the new 400 from Artic Cat when it comes to the dealer. Guesss what it is?

KrazyKid300ex
11-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Artic cat is basing theirs on the same chassis and motor with stealth bombing plastic. Thats MAKE HONDA IN THE DUST. WHAT HAPPENED TO BEING THE BEST ON EARTH. thats **** now. Cmon HONDA DON'T LET US ALL DOWN. they should also up the 300 to a 330 stock. my .02 : justin

motochris
11-25-2002, 04:35 PM
I just could beleve it!!! Its true i went and looked, all i can do is laugh..... That just goes to show ya that the other 3 CANT KEEP UP WITH HONDA..... Kinda makes you feel good doesnt it..... Honda will always be the best no matter how fast or slow.... Hondas just kick *****......... Hummmmmmmm what if Honda and Yamaha got together...........NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D

Glow Plug
11-25-2002, 04:46 PM
well honda could still rule the sport markey without really degining a whole new quad they could take cannodale's way of thinking they could start building the r again mabye put a a set of better shocks on it and there you go honda number one again

Oh yeah honda is the ****z

11-25-2002, 05:31 PM
Only if Honda and Yamaha Merged together.... OMG you would have some badarse wuads out today, banshee powered 250r's n chit. i'd love to see that happen. A blue 400ex from the factory :D

cjpoole1
11-25-2002, 07:39 PM
Kawasaki and Suzuki are combined on most all of there off road products. You can get all the bikes in either brand and the 400,90 and 50 quads. Everything is the same on the 400 even the plastic, only difference is the kawi has a hood on the front.

NoFrillz
11-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Its because Suzuki has part owner ship in Kawasaki, just like it has part ownership in Arctic cat, hence the new artic cat quad with same frame,engine, just different plastic. Basically kawasaki fills in suzuki's lines, (minbikes) and suzuki does the same for kawi. not really new news, it's just keepin kawasaki alive, which is good for the industry

New-400ex_guy
11-26-2002, 12:15 AM
yeah honda just rulz, thats why they cant even sell off the 2002 ex's unless they practically give em away.

i like honda but face it they are pusssies, they wont take a chance and give quad owners what they really like a 450ex that isnt detuned. cause if they do realease a 450ex it will probly have maybe 5 more hp than the 400ex cause god forbid honda ever get sued again :rolleyes: . at least suzuki and kawi have some ballz realeasing the z400 for the mx and gncc guys then releasing a 700:eek: even though its heavy it will be really fast and fun for drag, woods and dune riders.

hopefully honda will wake up and get off there arse's and kick some *** again. thats why its great for suzuki, kawasaki, gas gas, and the others who realease new quads it makes more competion and more quads and better prices for us.

motochris
11-26-2002, 02:38 PM
Its just like Honda dirtbikes , after 95 or 96 they went to sh*t... Yamaha took over and has been the best bikes out on the track...This all started when they were puting so much money into R&D for that stupid aluminum frame on the CR's that everything took a back seat and maybe even a trunk... The bikes went slower, the quads stayed the same and nothing has changed.... Bad thing is the Yamaha YZ weighs less than Hondas CR aluminum framed bike....:huh ... Well Honda better wake up and get some stuff out if not it will take them longer to catch up with the big 3 or 4 makers.... Hummmmmmmm gives me an idea for a new thred...............:D