PDA

View Full Version : 400ex mods

Brycen
04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
K boys.. done messin around...i've got the 440 big bore. also got a big gun pipe which sucks. Here's waht i'm thinkin. A decent pipe that adds power but is still loud. K&N filter, 450r carb, stage two hot cam, also while they are in there i'm gunna have them rebuilt the topend again. you guess have any other ideas?
also getting new tires, it has holeshots...worse pieces of crap i've ever invested in...thinkin kenda knarly's front and back, 20's in the back..tell me what you think, suggestions, or other mods...got some money to play with, i'm also going to repaint the frame candy apple red, a-arms black, and the back swing arm black also...then down the road get white fenders fox headlight covers and some other cosmetic things...let me here from ya guys

BigBore24
04-07-2008, 08:29 PM
you could go stage 3 hc if you want a little more up top. also HMF pipe good gains and really loud or curtis sparks.

Cool Guy07400EX
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I would say the sparks x6 big core would be a good pipe for that bike...makes the best power out of any other pipes IMO. pretty loud with a real nice race sound to it. Reason for the big core is because it adds 1 more hp than the std core on top and is better for the 440 because it makes more power with the more engine mods you have.:blah: Hope that made sense haha.

XXXRACER165
04-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Brycen
K boys.. done messin around...i've got the 440 big bore. also got a big gun pipe which sucks. Here's waht i'm thinkin. A decent pipe that adds power but is still loud. K&N filter, 450r carb, stage two hot cam, also while they are in there i'm gunna have them rebuilt the topend again. you guess have any other ideas?
also getting new tires, it has holeshots...worse pieces of crap i've ever invested in...thinkin kenda knarly's front and back, 20's in the back..tell me what you think, suggestions, or other mods...got some money to play with, i'm also going to repaint the frame candy apple red, a-arms black, and the back swing arm black also...then down the road get white fenders fox headlight covers and some other cosmetic things...let me here from ya guys

:huh Where is the port work??? All that stuff you put on there isn't gonna do much good unless the ports flow good. When I decided to go to a 440 I had it ported first, then picked out the cam to match the flow numbers of the port work, then piston, carb, exhaust, and so on. That is the key to building a good race motor.

gcart2
04-08-2008, 08:09 AM
or buy a 450.