PDA

View Full Version : CVT Clutch Terms

Lightninn
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Could someone familiar with CVT clutch systems please list the parts (rollers, various springs, etc.) and define their purpose?

It would help to know what the parts are called and their function within the clutch system.

Thanks!! :D

tireman43
04-07-2008, 08:37 PM
http://www.flexistentialist.org/blog/archives/2003/10/27/cvt-basics-constant-variable-transmissions

Check out that site. It will explain better then someone trying to write you a book on here.

Kevin

Lightninn
04-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Thanks Kevin

tireman43
04-08-2008, 08:40 AM
No problem. Make sure to save the link to your favorites. I had to search for a long time the second time I wanted to read it.:D

Kevin

bulldogfallon
04-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I have a link to a CVT article, but it is linked to another forum so I won't post it here

You can email me if you would like the link

gforcepowersports@yahoo.com

Admin: If this violates forum rules please accept my apology and strike this post.....

tireman43
04-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I have a link to a CVT article, but it is linked to another forum so I won't post it here

You can email me if you would like the link

gforcepowersports@yahoo.com

Admin: If this violates forum rules please accept my apology and strike this post.....

As long as your paying the bill, I bet they won't hit you with the lightning bolt Gary.:D

Lightninn
04-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I read the info, Kevin. That helped out a good bit.

I understand the front variator and the rollers. Heavier rollers cause the front pulley to actuate at a lower rpm. That's pretty straight forward.

I don't yet fully understand the rear pulley and how it reacts to torque/load.

Gotta do some more reading!:ermm: