PDA

View Full Version : TMM Easy Flow Carb Mod

chad400ex
11-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Anyone here try the Tom Miller Motorsports "Easy Flow" carb mod. They remove your choke and do some machine work on the carb to change the angle of the venturi. It's supposed to increase torque and throttle response. It's not a bore, so no top end increase. I talked to Tom Miller, and it costs $115. Do you think it's worth it? I think it would be worth a shot before going with an aftermarket carb.

2K1 300EX
11-24-2002, 06:53 PM
You can send it to me and I will do it for $50:D ......you can remove the choke yourself and take a dremel and grind the fins off and get better throttle response.

chad400ex
11-24-2002, 07:36 PM
Well, I was kind of wandering if this was something I could do myself. I have a dremel tool, and I'm not an idiot when it comes to working with tools. I was thinking that I'd give it a try after looking at some of the old posts. I'm surprised that no one has added a step-by-step set of instructions for removing the choke since it seems like such a popular mod. What kind of bit should I use on the dremel?? I was thinkng one of those abrasive "egg or ball" looking bits. Did anyone ever take a picture of what it looks like after it's all done?

Plus, I'm thinking about trashing the dynojet jet kit while I have the thing taken apart, and putting in the stock needle (lower the clip one spot), and putting in a bigger pilot jet. Is 40 or 42 the best? And if I do this, I'm assuming that a 155 or 160 main is a good place to start. About how many turns should I have the fuel/air mixture screw turned out from the fully shut?

Live2Ride300
11-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Check out this thread, its in the faq section. It has alot of good info. Good luck
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9144

chad400ex
11-24-2002, 07:50 PM
Thanks!! That helps.

Chad