PDA

View Full Version : Nuetral

Honda_Matt
04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Nuetral-

How come the nuetral gear is so tall in the YFZ's, or is it just mine?

Out of all the quads ive ever had, nuetral is such a small click from 1st it's hard to find sometimes.

I have 2 honda 450's as well, and one of them it's almost impossible to hit nuetral when it's running, it seems like I can get it about everytime, but anytime someone else get's on it they can't.

The YFZ, is like a full click into nuetral, when Im trailriding, clicking from 1st to 2nd, id say 90% of the time I give it a full click and it's in nuetral.
It's so annoying.

I talked to someone else, he said his is like that too, and it's done it since it was new.

jim_beam_racer
04-07-2008, 05:40 PM
1. run some amsoil in it
2. if your wearin ridin boots dont thats half your problem

Honda_Matt
04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't wear riding boots, and what's the amsoil do? Ill give it a shot.

Use 10w40 still or what?

ohsobad_chevy
04-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I run amsoil in my YFZ and I still hit neutral trying to get into 2nd.....mine has done that since it was new. It pisses me off as well. :ermm:

jim_beam_racer
04-11-2008, 07:39 AM
well i have always used amsoil and only have a problem with that when its dirty
so try amsoil

look at your clutch maybe thats goin bad
maybe tighten up your cable

Knoxy
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
no... i dont think it has anything to do with the oil.... every single YFZ that i have ridden...(at least 7 different ones) have all been the same...

it pisses me off too. especially when your in a bit of a hurry or racing and you pop that clutch out and rev the $hi* out of it! it makes me so mad!

its just the way the YFZs are geared... you might be able to change it by adjusting the gearing or cables slightly... but i dont think its worth it! lol

YFZ's still rock nonetheless!

jim_beam_racer
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM
ok guys plan B dont be *****s and hit that sifter hard

ohsobad_chevy
04-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by jim_beam_racer
ok guys plan B dont be *****s and hit that sifter hard

Tried that, I finally got to where I can hit it 90% of the time, just took some time to get used to where it likes to be shifted. :)

06YFZ450SE
04-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I only hit nutral when I first got it.But now I never hit it. If gearing makes a diff I went up one tooth in the front. But now I never hit it.

Honda_Matt
04-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Ive got an 11 tooth front, and the back I cant remember, but its geared.

Might be why its hard but I doubt it.