PDA

View Full Version : CS advanced ignition key and cdi box

DementeD
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
just curious who has this and the difference it made..
im thinkin about purchasing these now since the Key i was told is a great performance boost for cheap on a stock motor..and id guess the rev box will compliment it well

just want opinions before i waste money :D

hondaking52
04-07-2008, 05:37 PM
i have the key and i like it alot....wait didnt i just give you a comment on this????

DementeD
04-07-2008, 05:44 PM
yes sir..however i wanted more opinions with the key and the box..
the key is cheap i figured ill get that regardless but the box is like 120..so i wanted some opinions on that as well...

and thanks for the info. appreciate it..

hondaking52
04-07-2008, 05:52 PM
haha i thought so...ya the CS cdi costs alot more then the others, my bud has a few, biggun and 2 more and they dont cost as much

DementeD
04-07-2008, 05:55 PM
thats why i want opinions..so many people here but yet..it seems like no one has answers to my questions..

and theres no proof of nothing for atv's it seems like..
its all just hearsay..

i wish companys would dyno a bike before/after the key or rev box so u can see what it really does..or atleast someone around the way..

i also just removed my choke tonight...i plan to adjust my valves tomorrow more then likely..
after that i want to get the timing advance key

but like i said id rather order everything at once if its ..worth it..just want some more hearsay or someone with proof would be nice :D

hondaking52
04-07-2008, 06:01 PM
ya i'll get my bud to come on and give ya some info

RaginRedneck
04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Not sure about the CS CDI Box, but one of the things that I discovered while searching for my box was that most CDI boxes advance the timing via the computer. That being said, if you put the timing advance key in as well it will advance it even more, so I was told to run one or the either, not both.....something you may want to look into.

Leadfootracing1
04-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I run the Sparks timing key with a rev box and LOVE IT!!!!! Most CDI box's will not advance much on the bottom end anyways.
I have run Big Gun OverRev, a older White Bro's box, stock cdi, stock XR250r box, and a dynatec progamable one with no problems what so ever!!! The power increase is still noticable when i change from the stock box to an aftermarket one, but i am running stock comp and run 92 octain pump gas.
The big problem that people see with running a Sparks timing key, and a rev box is over advancing with either high compression or low grade fuel.....
If you look at the base timing built into the motor +6deg, and you add the Sparks key +6deg, your setting with a mild +12deg base advance from the pick-up side, most CDI box's only advace about 6 deg on top of base. So your lookin at +18 deg base timing on idle, not bad with high octain, and advancing in most cases to +32-34 total. Thats right in line where most cars run, and thats right were a stock comp motor on premium gas likes it!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this helps, or maybe i should ship Mitchel all my CDI's so he can give you a true second opinion...........:devil:

blue_ex_rider
04-07-2008, 06:58 PM
do you still have the programmable one

Leadfootracing1
04-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Yep, but i dont like to run it in the mud and snow just in case.... I'd rather mess up a cheaper one!!!

blue_ex_rider
04-07-2008, 07:04 PM
wonna sell it

Leadfootracing1
04-07-2008, 07:07 PM
NO WAY!!!!
It makes it so easy to tune it to the track and i really love it when I go ride in Colorado so i can take timing away and not have to worry about it!!! :muscle:

blue_ex_rider
04-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Alright well if you know anyone that has one for sell let me know

hondaking52
04-07-2008, 07:10 PM
haha, ya if you want to there buddy, lol ( i'm mitchel )

Leadfootracing1
04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I might have to send ya somethin, since i cant use my quad fot three months starting May 13th.........:grr: :mad:
but at least i will be in Hawaii!!!!!:D so you might get something in the mail at some point........ or at least a Leadfoot Racing decal for your support!!!!!!!!!11

REDRIDER312
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Where can i pick up one of those advance key's ??

Leadfootracing1
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.alwaysopenmall.com/layouts/02/unsecure/item.asp?SiteID=223&DepartmentID=85&CategoryID=949&GroupID=7033&ItemID=31633&StartNum=1&Sort=&ShowPics=0&ListByCode=1&Brand=&GenderAgeGroupID=0&MaxPrice=&SearchString=&ItemCode=&IsOnlyOnSale=0&FromHomePage=0&FromFamily=0&ProductFamilyID=0&RelatedItemID=0

There!!! that easy!!

DementeD
04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
thanks for the info guys..

one last thing..can i get info on how to check my main/pilot jets so i know what it is

i have a white bros e2 slip on and an k&n and it seems to run really well and i was told it was jetted but unsure ..
i just want to be sure of what im running ya know..
i also plan to change my spark plug as well any suggestions??..

once again thanks for all the help :D

quad9
04-07-2008, 07:34 PM
anyone use the cs key with an aftermarket cam, and 11:1 comp.
110 oct fuel???

Leadfootracing1
04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I will tell ya how the combo works with 426 with 11:1 comp and a stage 2 hot cams....... give me a bit to go though my quad and i will let everybody know.
And i have to have mine run on pump gas due to all the traveling i do.... so i will let ya know if i can keep the key with 92 octain or not.....

DementeD
04-07-2008, 07:51 PM
i definitely dont want to rebuild anytime soon..id like to get a little more out of her but not have it down for a period of time ..
i have other things id do first before rebuilding..

truthfully id rather wait until she blows before but its a honda..it might not?!?! hahaha..
and if/when that happens i think ill go to a 416..unsure of comp.
id definitely do a lot more research to see what id want most.

i want a better oil cooler with a fan before any internals