PDA

View Full Version : sparks 8 disc clutch set up

shook
11-24-2002, 03:13 PM
I installed my 8 disc clutch set by sparks today I have no clutch at all now. what could be the problem?

Evan
11-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Could be a number of things. Sounds like your clutch arm is not engaged around that little thingy. Or that little thingy could be broke. Did you install the last plate offset? Cable broke? I know mine had to be adjusted alot to get it to the right spot, i had to move the cable as far back as I ccould. Hope this helps

Gusto
11-24-2002, 07:16 PM
Without a picture of the "guts" it's hard to tell what is wrong. With what you said I would say that the last clutch plate come out of track/basket. If you had alot of play in your clutch you can squeeze your clutch and the last plate will come out and sit...therefore no more clutch. Pull it apart and readjust everything. Try and get your clutch as close as possible before starting it up...my 02.$ worth.

cals400ex
11-25-2002, 12:22 AM
i have this setup also. i am not sure what is wrong with yours. i did notice on mine that the bike does not shift as smooth as the factory clutch made it shift. also, with this sparks clutch there is no free play in the lever.