PDA

View Full Version : Look plz

ds450maniac
04-07-2008, 02:49 PM
I know that thur is alot of threads like this already and I've read them but I need to ask a few questions because I'm thinking about buying a kfx or ltr really soon and I can't decide which one I want so I need to know what problems the kfx's are having because I already know what the ltr has problems with. I know every quad has its problems but I just wanna know about the kfx's. I heard that they have small air boxs and need to be vented and some people are having fuel pump issues and I heard the rims and a-arms bend easy. Thats all that I've read so far that everyones posted but is thur any other problems that you guys that own the kfx's are having?By the way I ride woods and I'll eventually start racing mx but not right away and I think that the KFX is the way to go since it has reverse, but I also like the LTR. I wanna hear EVERY SINGLE problem that you guys have had with your KFX's. Thanx and please help me out and don't make this thread go south.

450raider
04-07-2008, 03:43 PM
huh going by your name i assumed you had a ds, and btw whats with the little sad face thing on the topic nobodys said anything negative yet, anyway im not gonna beat around the bush, the kfx has been perfect for me since i trail ride, i have had no problems with my kfx, the stock tires do blow, and thats it, it dont matter to me what nightmare stories there are about peoples cousins freinds sons roomate on other forums cause i actually have one. the only thing i can say is go to a dealer and size em all up and see what deals you can get and go from there.

mod440ex
04-07-2008, 04:42 PM
decided not to go with the ds? well i have had a few probs or inconveniences, but mine was one of the first ones so they should have them fixed by now. i had to have my fuel tank changed, it wasnt leaking but i had the dealer check the valves and it fell under the recall. the nut inserts on the rear subframe didnt get pressed in correctly and they twist in the subframe. i think this problem has also been resolved. i also mainly ride woods and do some xc racing. i havent had any problems with my a-arms or rims bending, but i dont ride on alot of rock terrain. i know that i use my reverse a whole lot more than i thought i would, its great for making trails. i didnt really notice much problem with the airbox till i put on my fuel atv intake and yes it was restrictive. i dont think you could go wrong with the kfx especially if you will be woods riding.

woodsZrider
04-07-2008, 04:44 PM
first of all.....here is what i think about it...:D
the kfx is great in the woods..i race xc and mine has done great...

ds450maniac
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
thanx guys for the info. As for my name lol I was not thinking right when I made it thinking that I would get a different quad but I like the DS but I really don't wanna buy it cause I don't wanna buy a first year bike just because like all first years, they need the bugs worked out. Does anybody know if I can have my name changed? I am also waiting for the 09's to come out so I'll see what all of the other 450's have to offer but I want something with reverse and something that I can race mx later on.

troylee500se
04-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I change my kfx450 for the LTR it is the best move i ever made.The kfx vibration in that handel bar is terrible and i was more often at my dealer then riding dont buy the KFX

ds450maniac
04-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanx for the input, but I'm gonna ride my friends new kfx soon and see for myself just how bad the vibration is cause everybody is saying that its really bad but idk and I have no comment on it since I have yet to ride one.

Originally posted by troylee500se
I change my kfx450 for the LTR it is the best move i ever made.The kfx vibration in that handel bar is terrible and i was more often at my dealer then riding dont buy the KFX

klutch
04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ds450maniac
Borich is doing really good without reverse on his LTR so that shows that you don't need reverse for the woods, but I'd rather have it

That is a horrible statemnet lmao. The ltr doesn't have reverse fine... neither does the 450R, YFZ, DS.... don't almost all of those race GNCC? hmm.... Also Borich's LTR is actually narrowed down...

450raider
04-10-2008, 03:09 PM
from ds to ltr, ds, outlaw, ltr, ds, ltr, kfx and now ltr (because chris borich dont need reverse)......how about a nice grizzly 450, where simplicity is the name of the game, and i believe they are the only 450 to have irs!!

mod440ex
04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
how often do you see someone racing actually use reverse? if you are going to be racing chances are you wont need reverse, but while riding with your buddies in the woods or where ever you may be its always nice just to be able to have that option. if you get in a sticky situation unstead of getting off and pushing it just shift into reverse, its real nice. if you have a vagina then the vibration might be to much for you, but nut up and just keep ridin. and you can always put on an aftermarket stem or antivibe risers.

QUADROOKIE
04-10-2008, 06:16 PM
You will get used to the vibration and not even notice it. I use reverse quite a bit when I race. Bottlenecks, take a bad line, stuck in mud, etc. Do you need it? No. Is it very handy at times? Yes. I'd never buy a quad without it, but if I was a serious racer like Borich, it would be a non issue. The KFX is just as good a bike as any. It is all what you get used to. The biggest issue I have with ine is the steering is so twitchy, it desparately needs a stabilizer. But I race stock class and they are not allowed.

ds450maniac
04-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Don't be hatin KLUTCH and 450RAIDER lol no need to go A-wall on me about changing my mind all of the time its just that I don't wanna spend over $7000 on something and then not like it cause I made the wrong choice. And I DON'T need reverse imao but its a plus for where I ride. The only reason I keep changing my mind is because
A.) I Can
B.) Doesn't everyone when thur spending near $7000?
C.) I have time on my hands and read all of the problems that other people are having with their quads on all of the other forums so that sometimes makes me change my mind and I don't need u guys saying oooo every quad has problems because Me and U already know thats true. And yes I can handle the KFX's vibration thats no biggy cause I don't have a vagina lol. I like the LTR and KFX in more ways than 1 so I'm sticking to them for sure but like I said I'm waiting till all of the 09's come out, so idk yet and I'm not going say anything else about what I'm getting till I get the frickin quad and its in my garage and I post pics and god only knows when that will be.
I'm out

:cool:

>>>thanx to the last 2 posts cause they're actually helpfull<<<

klutch
04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
My list is as follows of the 450s! lol

1. 04-05 450R (because mine is sexy) LMAO
2. KFX450R because they are sexy too
3. YFZ 450
4. KTM 450XC
5. DS450
6. Outlaw MXR
7. LTR...

ds450maniac
04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Mine as of right now and till the 09's come out:
1. LTR
2. KFX
3. YFZ
4. KTM
5. DS
6. TRX
7. Outlaw

mod440ex
04-10-2008, 08:42 PM
not to be a d###, but why are you worried about what all problems we are having, because more than likely they are going to fix most or all of them in 09. thats what happens the first year, unless its honda.

klutch
04-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by mod440ex
thats what happens the first year, unless its honda.

Whats that supposed to mean?

mod440ex
04-11-2008, 04:37 PM
meaning that most factories work out the bugs from the previous years. honda just remake their plastic

klutch
04-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Because Honda doesn't really have much bugs to work out... Everybody buys. From 05-06 the 450R went through quite a few changes and quite a few people would still rather an 04-05... Yamaha didn't change much on the YFZ until 06 when they did alot of changes. Though the warrior stayed exactly the same for 1987 to 2005 or something like that...?

450raider
04-11-2008, 05:02 PM
alright dsman im not "be hatin" if i was youd KNOW it, im just getting at why are you all worried about the 08's if your gonna get an 09, and what all have you ridden, whats your input? thats the most surefire way to narrow em down, thats all

and im not saying much on honda, im at love/hate with them right now, i could be a loyal customer to them again but itll take some doings on their part (to be honest jumping to kawi was cooler than i originally thought, theyve been nothing but good to me) ill just leave it at that.

m.h.s.c.#527
04-12-2008, 09:55 PM
how often do you see someone racing actually use reverse? if you are going to be racing chances are you wont need reverse, but while riding with your buddies in the woods or where ever you may be its always nice just to be able to have that option. if you get in a sticky situation unstead of getting off and pushing it just shift into reverse, its real nice. if you have a vagina then the vibration might be to much for you, but nut up and just keep ridin. and you can always put on an aftermarket stem or antivibe risers.

you have never raced xc

ds450maniac
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
alright dsman im not "be hatin" if i was youd KNOW it, im just getting at why are you all worried about the 08's if your gonna get an 09, and what all have you ridden, whats your input? thats the most surefire way to narrow em down, thats all

and im not saying much on honda, im at love/hate with them right now, i could be a loyal customer to them again but itll take some doings on their part (to be honest jumping to kawi was cooler than i originally thought, theyve been nothing but good to me) ill just leave it at that.

not to be a d###, but why are you worried about what all problems we are having, because more than likely they are going to fix most or all of them in 09. thats what happens the first year, unless its honda.

I never said that I was getting an 09 guys I just said that I'm waiting till they come out to see what they change on them. If they don't change anything for example on the kfx then I'll get an 08 left over and save some mulah:D and if they change some of the stuff that you kfx's owners are having problems with then I'll most likely get an 09. Thats why I'm worried and read up on what problems you guys are having and how you fixed it or how bad it was or what damage something did. Thats all, I just do alot of research and like to ask questions some times and thats why I started this tread, to ask questions. And As for what I've rode, I've rode a 06 yfz and liked it but its not up my allie;I'll see what happens with the 09's. I have a friend that just bought a black kfx and he said that he's had no problems with it yet and its holding up well to his abuse lol, but I haven't got to ride his kfx yet because he just got it over the winter and I haven't seen him, but were gonna meet up and go riding soon and hopefully he'll let me ride it cause he hasn't let anybody ride it yet since he got it but I'm gonna try lol. I can't test the LTR out because none of my friends have one so the only thing I can do is sit on one I guess. Sorry for typing so much guys lol its a habit.

mod440ex
04-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
you have never raced xc

no i havent , but then i watched the round 3 holeshot video and realized that you would deffinately use it on the holeshot. and if bottlencks happen that bad on the holeshot im sure there is going to be other spots where it would come in very handy. so i pretty much stuck my foot in my mouth on that one:D

epinac18
04-17-2008, 01:16 PM
first off i race GNCC in the pro-am class, the only kawi in the class. i picked the bike up in december.......so far ive bent the stock stem, bent the lower left a-arm twice (not even hard hits, never crashed it yet), the ball joint at the base of the stem has worn out already(dunno why they didnt use a sealed bearing), aluminum frame has tons of vibration causing wires to rub holes in them, the fuel pump wires were shorting out, then another time the fan wires shorted out and blew a fuse and it ran hot. The fuel pump relay has went bad (dunno why but none of those relays are weatherproofed), the power sucks until you open the airbox and put a pipe on it. Another thing i noticed is the tie rod ends have play in them from the factory. compared to a honda the brakes suck and feel very spongy and the rear pads are gone after every race(all the races have been muddy so far so that could be the cause), but other than that it handles great and love the reverse. Ars-fx is building xc a-arms for it also

ds450maniac
04-17-2008, 03:24 PM
sounds like you have had your fair share of bad luck, that sucks