PDA

View Full Version : R wont start

Cr85rRida
04-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Went to fire her up yesterday and she never started, i noticed driping on the floor. I went to see where it was coming from and it was running down the pipe....it was leaking gas threw the exaust flange:huh Idk what to do, where should i start looking for the problem? maybe its a leaky head gasket? any ideas would be cool thanks.

ZSNOW
04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
sounds like it was just flooded or if your float was sticking and the motor was cold the bike would not start it would just dump gas continuisley(SP) into the motor. clean your carb and kick it over a bunch of times with the gas off. then turn the gas on again. should fire right up. if it doesn't idk what to say.:ermm:

Aceman
04-07-2008, 04:57 PM
You most likely left your fuel valve on, the float valve happened to be stuck open and you filled your crankcase with fuel. Next time, shut your fuel valve off when you're not riding. It's a good habit to get into.

I don't know the standard operating procedure for something like this, but if it was mine I'd pull the pipe off and make sure it had the fuel drained out of it. Then I'd pull the spark plug and stand the quad up on it's front bumper so the rest of the fuel would run out the exhaust. Try cycling the engine a few times with the kicker to get the rest out while the quad is still vertical. Put it all back together, clean your carb out, then try and start it.

Cr85rRida
04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
The fuel valve was shut, i turned it on that day (yesterday)...

I tried it again today and nothing. I put in a diff. spark plug and still nothing.