View Full Version : fox shock question

fastexgirl4c
04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Ok, so I just bought a set of fox shocks. I rode on them once before this happened, but this past weekend I was riding and noticed shock fluid pouring out of the little red reound dial. The shocks kept pressure, and everything seemed ok. Nothing was wrong with them besides the fluid pouring out. Does anyone know if its just a seal or something minor, or do they have to be rebuilt. The season opener is this weekend, so I'm trying to figure this out asap. any suggestions would help..

thanks

*edit....this is only on the left front shock

jkiserracing
04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
You just need to call Norris Quinn of Quinn racing he is the Fox shock go to guy.

jkiserracing
04-07-2008, 04:13 PM
This would help..Quinn Racing 706-384-4795

racernorris
04-07-2008, 05:05 PM
in order for shock fluid to come out around the rebound nob, the oring on the rebound needle must be blown. stand the four wheeler on its grab bar and press the a-arm (compress the shocks) on both sides(one at a time) and see if there is more tension on one side than the other. also what color is the fluid u saw? let me know if you can feel any difference from one side to the other.

Norris
quinn motorsports:macho

fastexgirl4c
04-07-2008, 08:39 PM
well, i can deffinatly push down on that side more than the other. the fluid is red. so i know it must be some kind of shock fluid.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-08-2008, 07:46 AM
That shock needs rebuilt. I would not race on it that way you could end up getting hurt.

fastexgirl4c
04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
awesome. just what i need when i have a race this weekend lol. oh well. i will have to find someone to do a rebuild quick :(

racernorris
04-08-2008, 06:23 PM
the fox rig will be there, and they can repair them for you. are these shocks new? more than likely fox will warranty the repair. but if u carry them to any one else they can't pay for the repair. they will give me the parts but they won't pay me to do the repair. sorry!

Norris
quinn motorsports:macho

fastexgirl4c
04-08-2008, 08:21 PM
i'm going to an NEATV race in walden. Kentucky is a little to far for me lol. I'll figure something out, I still have rebuilt stock shocks, so I guess I will be throwing those on:(