PDA

View Full Version : Problem Wont Start!

400exrida06
04-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Ok so i have a major problem, last winter i rebuilt my whole quad and **** got it put back together in june, didnt have anytime to ride it at all and it ran perfect, before i put it away for storage over the winter i was having a problem with it starting i would have the ignition on and the lights were on and when i hit the start button it made this noise and then there was no power anywhere. . . i tampered with the wires on the battery then it would start . . now thats springs here im ready to take it out and it wont turn over at all and the batterys fine and everything, so i bump started it and it ran good, as soon as i turn it off then go to start it again theres no juice so i dunno whats goin on, the only thing i can think of is when i painted the starter maybe the connection where it meets the motor wasnt clean and its not grounding properly but other then that i have no clue, thanx alot guys for any info

BigBore24
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
i think your on the right track with it being a bad connection. check all the connections especially the grounds. since you had it all apart you couldve lost your ground connection somewhere.