PDA

View Full Version : FMF vs Motoworks exhaust

ScottB125
04-07-2008, 09:19 AM
I've narrowed my choice down to these two, so I wanted to get some input from everyone.

Which one and why?

Thanks

atvlover
04-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Scott,
This is Johnny with Motoworks. I feel that our quality and performance is the number one reason to buy one. We are the factory team for CAn Am and I guarantee that you will be satisfied with our exhaust. We test our Can Am pipe weekly always coming up with the most horsepower we can achieve. The input from Josh Frederick has been awesome.

spanky101
04-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Johnny, what kind of power output increases are you seeing. There is such a limited number of manufatures im not really sure what to do. I dont know if i should wait, or just buy one and hope for the best

atvlover
04-07-2008, 04:55 PM
We are getting 6 hp on the top end. The best part about our exhaust is the bottom end it produces. The DS comes stock without a lot of bottom end. Josh really likes the pipe we are running. We have spent a lot of hours getting this thing right. I guarantee you will like it. If not send it back.

spanky101
04-07-2008, 07:54 PM
thats a ballsy claim right there and im glad you have faith in your product like that! great to hear and motoworks might just have my business for that one comment right there! Mad props to motoworks

atvlover
04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
We have not had any complaints. The DS is awesome and it is easy to make power. The exhaust definitely works. Call me at Motoworks and I will be happy to talk to you about it. Motoworks.com.

ScottB125
04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
You have my business.

Are you guys selling the fuel contoller?

What are you using to tune the factory bikes and does it allow timing to be adjusted?

Maybe bikes are different, but in the car world, timing is equally as important as fuel and none of the controllers allow you to adjust it.

Thanks

atvlover
04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
We do sell an FMI to adjust the fuel mixture. I do not know of anyone who has a product to adjust the ignition. We use the factory to adjust our ignition curves. That adjustability does make a huge difference. But that is in a different real tham bolting on performance products.

jaredw
04-09-2008, 07:41 AM
so with your pipe you have to buy the fuel controller or can you just cut the pink wire.

also, how about a dyno chart so we can see just what the gain looks like on the bottom end.

dirtycarl
04-09-2008, 03:59 PM
My FMF system (well it's my buddy's bike but I'm his "mechanic") should be here on Friday and bolted up that night. Saturday evening I'll let you guys know how it performed.

Johnny--I was under the impression that FMF was the factory sponsor with Epic. Maybe you can clear up my confusion.

maconu
04-09-2008, 05:17 PM
I can't compare pipes but I can tell you that the Motoworks Pipe and oilless airfilter have made a HUGE difference. There is WAY more HP and the low end and it pulls clear through rpms. The Motoworks FMI that I ordered came in dead (bike wouldn't start). I called Motoworks and asked about it.. They had got 75 units from there manufacturer that were miss wired. I called and they have already turned on around to me that is good. So these HP gains are with pipe and filter change only.... no FMI attached as of yet. I can't wait to see what difference the FMI makes.

Motoworks appreciates there customers and supports them professionally with great products and service.....

jaredw
04-09-2008, 06:46 PM
sure sounds like a lot of issues with motoworks. none with rossier so far.

macanu, your right, motoworks isnt the only factory team, so dont let this fool you

wzito001
04-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I just got a Motoworks pipe and I am completley happy with it. It bolts on easily and the power gain is imediatley noticeable. I can not speak for the FMF pipe I am sure it is good too, but I the Motoworks is definatley a good pipe. I don't have an FMI yet and it is still running way better than it did on the bottom end for sure as the motoworks guy said.

BZ

dirtycarl
04-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I cancelled the order for the FMF. There apparently isn't a lot of communication going on between Epic and their suppliers. I ordered it two weeks ago and they just now informed us that FMF is out of stock of the specific system we ordered.

We're going to wait a while now and see which of the systems proves to be the best before we pick another one.

ScottB125
04-12-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm going to order a Motoworks in a week or two and I'll dyno it with just the pipe, then add the programmer to see what I can get out of it.

THEMACHINIST
04-13-2008, 03:19 AM
ive made my first ride with the fmf full exhaust what a change. it is a new machine. You dont need to change your cam when you ride with a pipe, it have better bottom and he is smoot all the way to the top end.:devil:

jaredw
05-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ScottB125
I'm going to order a Motoworks in a week or two and I'll dyno it with just the pipe, then add the programmer to see what I can get out of it.

so what kind of gains did you get?

mebcop
05-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by THEMACHINIST
ive made my first ride with the fmf mega bomb and pipe wath a chage it is a new machine howsome with the pipe you dont need to change you cam wan you ride with a pipe it a new quad you got it pull hard on the bottom and he is smoot all the way to the top end.:devil:

OMG:eek2: That was THEE most confusing post i've ever tried to read!!!!!! Can someone please translate

THEMACHINIST
05-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by mebcop
OMG:eek2: That was THEE most confusing post i've ever tried to read!!!!!! Can someone please translate That mean dont let your boddy play with your computer:mad: he did that because i write in english since 6 month.:ermm:

atvlover
05-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Epic is running the FMF pipe. And it is a good company. What i can tell you about Motoworks is that we spend a lot of time specifically working on the exhaust for our race team. This gets passed onto the customer. We stand behind our product. The FMI's are available now for the Can Am. You will be amazed at the difference when the FMI is added. If you go to our web site, motoworks.com, the dyno charts are posted. Any way you go the Can Am is a fun bike to ride. Have fun.

jaredw
05-08-2008, 03:19 PM
the dyno charts are not there for the can am

montsb
05-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Addressed to atvlover. I have the full SR4 Carbon with a FMI. Love the pipe!!! I was just wondering why I have seen some Can Am race bikes with the SR4 pipe, but not the Carbon. Why is that?