PDA

View Full Version : Need help with an AR-15

DF400ex
04-07-2008, 05:02 AM
I'm in Iraq right now for my second time, getting ready to head home and have finally decided to get an AR-15. Should of bought one after last tour, but bought a Rem 700 PSS instead.

I'm putting together a list of stuff that I need to assemble it but am having a hard time finding a pre-ban lower receiver for a decent price. Since I live in the anti-gun state of NY, in order to be able to have an AR that even comes close to my M4 that I have here, I need a pre-ban lower.

Does anyone have a pre-ban lower receiver that they wanna sell or know anyone who would? Shipping is no problem as I know a few people with their FFL's. Better yet, does anyone have a pre-ban they wanna sell. There are about 7 of us that are looking to build AR's so if anyone has some parts they are looking to sell let me know.

Pappy
04-07-2008, 05:43 AM
check out www.ar15.com

and i believe this has a list of pre ban #'s if you go shopping
http://www.mp5.net/info/preban.htm

BlaineKaiser450
04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
you may be able to get a used one on www.gunbroker.com

DF400ex
04-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the help. Hopefully I will be able to find the stuff we need there. If anyone else has stuff they wanna sell let me know.

Nausty
04-10-2008, 07:14 AM
yea ar15.com is the ****! I picked up a sick bushmaster ar15 off a guy in my platoon! Brand f'n new, dude was in debt and walked up w/ 600 bucks and got it for a steal! All decked the f out!

Feels crazy coming back to the states after being shut out from the the us for a year huh? Turn on the music and everything is differant, styles are differant, gas prices, ect! I'm in my 2nd deployment in afghanistan! This **** is a blast though. What all you do?

Right now is all we do is run convoys everywhere i'm lead gun truck w/ .50! We just signed for a 1.2 million dollar mrap! Its like a up armored monster truck w/ a .50! **** is off the chain! We do so much crazy ****!

Where you at in iraq? I was at liberty and kalsu most of the time!

You get to go to qatar for r and r?

bulkdriverlp
04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
the reason ted nugent moved from michigan to texas, the gun laws.

DF400ex
04-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
yea ar15.com is the ****! I picked up a sick bushmaster ar15 off a guy in my platoon! Brand f'n new, dude was in debt and walked up w/ 600 bucks and got it for a steal! All decked the f out!

Feels crazy coming back to the states after being shut out from the the us for a year huh? Turn on the music and everything is differant, styles are differant, gas prices, ect! I'm in my 2nd deployment in afghanistan! This **** is a blast though. What all you do?

Right now is all we do is run convoys everywhere i'm lead gun truck w/ .50! We just signed for a 1.2 million dollar mrap! Its like a up armored monster truck w/ a .50! **** is off the chain! We do so much crazy ****!

Where you at in iraq? I was at liberty and kalsu most of the time!

You get to go to qatar for r and r?

I'm kicking myself for not getting one after last tour when I had the money. Since then I've gotten married and my wife just had our first child. So I don't have quite as much play money this time, lol. Ooh well, there is a bunch of us that are going to buy them part by part because they are cheaper and you can customize them that way.

I'm a Civil Affairs Sergeant on my second deployment to Iraq in the last three years. We're on a year on year off plan, actually I was 2 weeks shy of being home a year when I was deployed. Last deployment I was lead truck on our convoy team, this deployment I've been able to work with pretty much all of our teams. I've been out the wire for a few weeks at a time living in a Stryker with the infantry guys doing everything they do. I've kicked in doors, done dismounted patrols, a lil questioning, been dismounted rout clearance for the rout clearance vehicles, who were rout clearance for our convoy, lol, attended and ran everything from village to provincial meetings. We pretty much do everything which makes our job so cool.

You said it right about coming home. It's crazy how much is different, and how much is the same. You turn on the radio and you don't recognize any of the songs. When you tell your friends that you like the song on the radio you get a funny look cuz that song is old news to them. After being on over 250 convoys last tour as lead vehicle driver in the crowded city of Mosul, it was a huge adjustment to drive on the roads here. I had to consistently keep an eye on my speed and make sure I don't veer towards cars blaring my horn that try to merge into traffic ahead of me. I did that once and freaked out my mom and sister. I got pulled over doing 75 on a 55 cuz I was used to driving like a bat out of hell. Ooh well.

They wanna give us a dozen MRAP's but we are leaving soon so we said no thanks.

Like I said I was in Mosul and Tal Affar last tour and this time I was in Taji and Baqubah. Spent a lil time in the bread basket a few months ago but no we're just chillen b4 we leave.

I didn't get to go to Qatar this tour because we got either leave or pass because we are a smaller unit. I went last tour and had a blast jet skiing and stuff.

I'm prolly just going to get a post-ban AR
because pre-ban lowers are like 3 times the money.

Nausty
04-12-2008, 06:28 AM
I doubt anyone is gonna know but I got some type of larue tactical green laser on my weapon. The dot is bright as hell and burns your hand the laser is like 3 inches wide . Anyone heard of one or seen one? It doesn't have a model number on it or anything!

Anyways when i signed for they didn't have any extra pressure switches for it and I really need a pressure switch for when I yank it out on oncoming vehicals and in town because the small laser I have I can't see for **** in the day time!

The pressure switch plugs in almost like a small circuler hole w/ three prongs. Anyone got any ideas of where I can buy one?

Also for my own ar I plan on get a drum magazine for it and a really short upper reciever! I'm basically woundering if I have time to wait tell I get back to the us and buy them before they get banned again!?

I lost my ar15.com account info/ email and I can't login!

Yeah, driving normal is crazy. Even after a mission and we pull on the fob sometimes I find my driver trying to run people off the road!

We've lucked out on this deployment so far. I got the most badass job ever, we just got to new ivests. We fell in on brand new 1151 up armored humvees! Plus we got a lot badasses so there is never a dull a moment! We all got nothing but .50's and mach 19's! I have never been so pumped up after a day of work! It is such a adrenaline rush!

The heat is f'n insane also! Thats the worst part i'm dreading summer again! Last year here in afghanistan it topped out at over 160 degrees!

:eek2:

Eviltanker
04-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Nausty,
Where are you in Afghanistan? I'm at Morales Frazier in the Tagab Valley. For the Lazer deal Have your supply use Class 9 Money and buy you guys Z-Bolt lazers from www.z-bolt.com,
Mod#BTMK-2S They are compact and class 111a, peak power:
<5mW, Wavelenght 532nm

DF400ex
04-13-2008, 06:11 AM
I have the z-bolt lazer and it's pretty good at night time, but not too good for the day. I bought mine 2 years ago and it's a 10mw that has been tested to 14mw. If yours burns your hand then you have at least a 50mw, if it pops black balloons or melts black trash bags then you have a 75mw or higher. Anything over 5mw can hurt your eyes so be carful looking at it. Mine is only a 14mw and the safe viewind distance is like 20 feet. Since the Army is buying a ton of the z-bolt lazers, there was a 50,000 unit back order 6 months ago. Is your lazer part of the new EOF kit? If it is I can prolly find out the part number and stuff.

Eviltanker
04-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Yes they are part of the EOF kits but, I also picked a few up off my books through dope deals.

DF400ex
04-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah, dope deals are how we get most of our stuff. It's amazing what you can get from people for a case of Red Bull or Monster, lol. I was able to get a M134D Gatling Gun from the people with only first names, but my commander said that it goes against our mission. He said it would be hard to fire warning shots with it since it shoots like 4000 rounds per minute. Ooh well, our fun was stopped short after a few convoys but we were able to blow through some ammo on a few occasions in remote areas.

Nausty
04-14-2008, 05:46 AM
thanks for the help but I already got the z bolt but like somone else said it doesn't work to well in the day time on convoys!

Just got back from another convoy. Every convoy lately we're having to fire out warning shots/blow out tires!

Going the city is the worst! They got these 2 stroke trikes that run around everywhere and always go in and out of convoys and never pull over! We can't hardly shoot at them or pop of warning shots because they are in the city and they piss me off so freeking much! Well i'm proud to say between the 2nd truck and ours we nailed 3 or 4 of those little ****ers windshields! Broke a **** load of car windshields also.

The reason we do that is so they stay away from our convoys in case its a vbied and these lil ****ers are always trying to push the envolope!

Bout rolled our mrap multiple times today and had it airborne on some ****ty *** route our convoy commander had us take!

This **** is such a blast, i've never been so pumped up after a day of (work) shooting out tires, get tossed around the turret, and just opening up on mountainsides and mowing down trees for the hell of it w/ 50 cals and m19's! Its the funnest wildest worst job ever!

A gatling gun sounds f'n sick!