PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got an Edelbrock Carb

rgorm2500
04-07-2008, 03:26 AM
DOes anyone have an Edelbrock carb, is it worth the money, does it work good, and how hard is it to adjust, just wondering if it would be worth the time and money?

04-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I have one on my 400ex (452 gt thunder) works great, very easy to adjust, easy to install and one of the best carbs on the market in my opinion. Worth every penny.

REDRIDDER
04-10-2008, 09:08 AM
I two have the Edelbrock carb. Excellent power and no jets just simple needle changes or turns on the needle, works great i wouldn't know what other carb to compare it to because I've had it on now for 5 yrs started out on my ex when it was stock and now works even better with my 426ex with a mild porting job and some other extras i have .One thing i don't like is when your throttle cable breaks it around $38 plus shipping for a new one but besides that all is great. It made my throttle response have no bog and the bottom to top end is also very good gain when properly tuned.The difference is night and day when comparing a carb with jets to this carb with needle adjustments, one needle can be adjusted 32 different ways before making a change in needle size.16 clicks rich and 16 clicks lean make for easy tuning and less of a hassle rather than buying jets and hoping your close.IMO they are worth it.It supposely will make some 31.5 hp but that a little far fetched but id definitely say a gain of at least 2-4 hp maybe.. although i cant say for sure without a dyno but i would assume at least 2-4 hp gain.now a cheaper route would be the 450r carb, I've heard great things about this carb but me personally id stick with my Edelbrock no need to change a good thing right? and if you were to get one in the future and couldn't figure it out just get a hold of me and we will get it right i promise:)

j450rking
04-12-2008, 02:38 PM
i had a 450r carb and it was a bit finicky to get the jetting right and when the weather changed like 10 degrees i had to chang the jets like 3 jet sizes to make it right. i would go with the edlebrock route if i did it again

REDRIDDER
04-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by j450rking
i had a 450r carb and it was a bit finicky to get the jetting right and when the weather changed like 10 degrees i had to chang the jets like 3 jet sizes to make it right. i would go with the edlebrock route if i did it again you would be happy with it :)

j450rking
04-12-2008, 07:03 PM
i just switched to a 250r engine so i couldn't use one anyway

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Well I didn't look to see how old this post was, so this may be old news...

I got an Edlebrock on an old 400EX of mine that i rode for almost a year before i got the carb, and i noticed immediatly the difference. It was pretty significant, but nothing major. HOWEVER! and this is the most important part of the matter, I put a full pipe on it after the carb (it had a slip-on before) and I noticed a huge gain again. I put new cams in it and it was amazing. I bored it out and OH MY GOD....

The Edlebrock itself is just a great carb all around, but these carbs are not meant to be ran alone. These are like a great plant, you have to make it grow. The more work you do to your quad the more POWER you get from the carb.

Put it on a stock quad and it alone is worth the money, but your only gaining about 10% power. With a fully modded quad, you are gaining over 30% of the power of your new beast. This carb is amazing in the way it grows and supplements the growth of your quad.

Buy one, it's the only way to figure out exactly what i mean.
And it's is WELL worth the money
(oh and adjustment is almost TOO easy, I had my 7 year old cousin go out and do it for me one morning cuz it was cold and i was feeling lazy [he doesn't know squat about engine or quads or anything really ;-/]

05-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I would only use FCR.

I do not remember because it was so long ago but I heard so much bad about edelbrock Carbs compared to FCR's and after herein so much bad I would only use FCR. I do not remember why because it was so long ago. Do some research on here. Maybe I’m wrong but I know their was so much bad about them and so much good about FCR's.