View Full Version : 400ex FS (2 motors, 2 frames, 1 complete ready to ride quad)

Metzroth
04-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Ok, so I had this dream of racing quads right? Well, I started to build the quads, and realized how ridiculously expensive it was going to be. So, I have about $800 in one of my motors never ridden not even assmebled fully (10.8:1 J.E. piston, hotcam stage 1, kibblewhite valves, kibblewhite titanium valve springs and retainers, new cam chain tensioner, new HD cam chain, new valve seals, 3 angle valve job, etc.) and I cannot afford to finish building the quad. I have my other quad fully assembled with worthless plastics that runs like a top. It has a K&N air filter, White Brothers R4 exhaust (fresh packing), frame is freshly powdercoated Gentian Blue, Douglas .190 polished aluminum rears w/ itp holeshots, crappy fronts, roll design anti-vibe steering stem, renthal fatbars etc. So, like I said. One quad is ready to go. Another all i have is a frame, motor, a-arms, steering stem, wiring harness. I want to trade this stuff off for one nice quad or street bike. I would also sell it outright for $3500. I will consider offers but please don't try to low ball me. Trust me, I know I wont ever get back what I have in the quad and parts, but I want to get something. Anyways, I will try to get some pics up tomorrow. If interested please pm me. Thanks!

m36indiana
04-08-2008, 08:26 PM
any more pics of quad, and extras?

Metzroth
04-08-2008, 09:50 PM
since there were no replies I hadn't taken the time to get pics. Since you want some I will try and get some pictures within the next couple days. It is supposed to rain the rest of the week in central IL. I don't know how indiana is supposed to be. Ill post pics asap.

Honda#4
04-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Got pics of the Blue frame? whats the lowest you would go on it? Send to honda_atv_me@yahoo.com

Thanks

quad9
04-09-2008, 11:43 AM
NICE HELMET IN THE PIC.

Metzroth
04-11-2008, 03:59 PM
quad9 NICE HELMET IN THE PIC.

Good one. 1 Picture of everything.

Metzroth
04-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Another.

Metzroth
04-11-2008, 04:03 PM
last one.

Metzroth
04-11-2008, 04:04 PM
If anyone is interested in the 416 that I haven't built yet, I can take pictures of all the parts before I put it together, or I can sell it without it being assembled. PM me with offers. Thanks!

Metzroth
04-11-2008, 04:09 PM
yet one more. As you can see from the first pic, the quad runs :P and it runs good. I am going to assemble the other motor either this weekend or next week not sure when yet. I have lots of homework that I have to get done for school by the end of this semester and I have some exams to study for so time is hard to come by. Like I said, PM me with offers. Would consider trades as well. Thanks!

Metzroth
04-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Bump. Quad runs awesome. I rode it quite a bit yesterday. I have an offer from a friend here for 3 grand that I might take if someone doesn't get back to me on here pretty soon. He could back out too, but im not sure. Let me know if you're interested! Thanks!

broke400
04-12-2008, 10:00 AM
hey how much for the engines? and what all do they need?

broke400
04-12-2008, 10:00 AM
hey how much for the engines? and what all do they need?

Metzroth
04-12-2008, 11:41 AM
other than the 416 needing assembled, the motors need nothing. Make and offer.

Metzroth
04-12-2008, 08:52 PM
BUMP!

Metzroth
04-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Will accept offers on anything no set prices. Will even except trades. Possibly for a street bike (CBR 600, or GSXR600 2000 or newer)

broke400
04-13-2008, 08:01 PM
alright, so what about the other one? whats that one like?

Metzroth
04-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Completely Stock. That is what is in my quad now. Running a K&N air filter, White Bros. R4 exhaust, and re jetted for the breathing upgrades, it runs like a raped ape. Also sounds amazing. But anyways yeah, the motor is bone stock to my knowledge. Has no more than 35 hours on it. I bought it from a guy who inherited it from a deceased friend or family member (cannot remember). He said guy had put no more than 20 hours on it when he got it. I just got my quad put back together last winter and I haven't had much time to ride. Most the time I just hop on it after school and ride for 15-30 minutes. Anyways. I would rather sell everything as a package deal. I am interested in all trades. Most interested in a 600cc streetbike year 2000 or newer and a stick shift economy car that can achieve 30+ mpg. Let me know! -Mike

broke400
04-14-2008, 06:16 AM
alright the stock one u want to keep it in the bike? or u saying just sell it with the parts u named? and whats all done to the 416?

Metzroth
04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I will sell the stock motor separate. I am getting ready to finish assembling the 416 anyways and when I do, I will put it in the quad. The 416 has a 3 angle valve job, Kibllewhite valves, valvesprings, and retainers, Stage 1 hotcam (I like low end power), J.E. 10.8:1 Piston, cometic gasket kit. I'm going to paint the side cases black with High Temp engine paint. It has a new HD cam chain, and a new cam chain tensioner. I would sell either one though, and in or out of the quad is fine. If you want a complete quad I will sell you a complete quad. If you want a partial quad, I'll sell you that. If you want parts that don't require me to dissassemble my quad (ex. spare frame, spare a-arms, nerf bars, etc.) I will sell that. I basically just need money. I never have time to ride, I barely have time to take pictures to sell the stuff. I have a stock 400ex carb, a stock wiring harness (minus key), a stock oil tank, a stock oil cooler, and a few other stock parts. They are all in the pics. The carb needs the screws that hold on the bowl cover. I assume you can buy screws that would work at any hardware store. Please let me know if you are interested. PM me with offers and your zip code and I will get back to you with a price shipped. Local pickup only on the big items. $3500 takes everything including 2 extra sets of rear tires (one is studded for riding on a frozen lake they are flat), 1 extra set of rear rims, an extra frame, a stock or a modified motor(depending on which motor is in the quad at time of purchase), 2 sets of DG nerf bars, a stock steering stem, stock bars, stock wiring harness, stock exhaust, stock 400ex carb, stock throttle cable, stock clutch cables, stock oil cooling system, + one quad assembled ready to ride (White Bros. R4 Exhaust, K&N Airfilter, Roll Design Anti-Vibe +1 steering stem, keyswitch eliminated, holeshot XCR rear tires, douglas .190 aluminum rear rims, freshly powdercoated gentian blue frame and subframe, and im sure I'm missing something somewhere in this description. This would be a perfect starter package for someone wanting to get in to ATV racing, in fact, that was my plan when I started acquiring parts, unfortunately ATVs have taken a backseat to other things in my life so my loss is your gain. I have close to $7000 in everything listed here and I'm asking half of that. Please PM me with trades or offers. I will consider offers but please, no low-ballers. Thanks!

Metzroth
04-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh-yeah...BUMP!

Dew2008
04-21-2008, 02:01 AM
I am intrested in the stock motor. How much for just the motor, No carb, or extras I just need the motor. I will need it to be shipped but I can cover that just shoot me a pm with a ballpark price and we can work from there. Thanks man

Metzroth
04-21-2008, 08:58 AM
I gave 600 for it from a buddy of mine and I thought I got a pretty good deal for a motor with 20 hours. I have put about 10-15 hours on it. So, I would take $600, I'm not really looking to make money on it as I got a good deal on it. I only bought the motor to ride while I built the other motor but now it is done. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks! -Mike