PDA

View Full Version : Were getting close! WORCS Round 4-Pacific Raceway

QuadJunkies
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I dont know about ya'll,but I am looking forward to an 8 hour drive instead of all these 14-16 hours ones for a change!:p
Having 4 travel is NOT CHEAP! This might be a good time for some of the riders to pull together and help share any expenses to make the travel more affordable. Its going get alot worse this summer with rising fuel costs.

Im looking into some rain gear for the kids,maybe some boots for me ,and no way in hell Im bringing out the new camera if it gets ugly this round!!! .:scary: lol
Im anxious to see what the terrain looks like and the MX .
I love this part of the series... The West Coast is so beautiful.

I hope we get that one lucky wk end of the month and its just a beautiful sunny wk. end for everyone!:)

CannondaleRider
04-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm looking forward to heading north here in less then a week.... Gonna be cool to hang out in Washington for a week or so. May get hectic trying to build my bike at the S&S shop in time for the race, but it'll be a blast no matter what the end result is. :D

I'm pulling a trailer up and back this time, and still traveling solo....so with the slower pace, and the sleep time...who knows how long it'll take me do make the drives, lol. It's usually about 26 hours drive time, one way, at the "just a truck" pace, so who knows this time......lots of coffee, lots of Wired, lots of loud music....good times. :p

I also hope the rain stays away for that weekend...I hate mud. But, it is WASHington in April.

See ya there!:cool:

QuadJunkies
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Gosh I sure hate seeing you drive alone .. I know how tired I get . I now said to HECK WITH IT. No more power drives home on Sunday. I cant really afford it, but I stay where ever on Monday now and chill for the night. Its not worth me and the kids lives .Plus, it gives me time to start working on the Coverage so its up for the Bossman.
Speaking of the Bossman...the Admin. will be there this round too.

Sweet-!!! That means its Party time for me!!:blah:
j/k

CannondaleRider
04-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I don't push it to much...usually, I can make it to about 12 hours of driving, and I don't feel safe driving anymore. Even if I do feel I can drive more, I pretty much make it habit to sleep at 12 hours. Looking like I will at least have somebody with me for the second WA trip...not somebody to share driving, but at least someone to keep me awake. That would help a lot in itself.

That's cool that Harlen will make it, be good to see him again.

QuadJunkies
04-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I see a posting on PT and heard in an email from a rider that the trails are tight, alot of tree roots,smaller MX course this round and its muddy as hell right now. lol
IMAGINE THAT!:scary:

We need Troy(aka"chief running quad" ) to work his Indian magic and do us a sundance. :p
lol

QuadJunkies
04-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Looks like the bikes might have perfect racing weather.
This far ahead in the forecast, does not look good for us though.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USWA0206?from=36hr_topnav_business
Another
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Kent%2C+Wa.

CannondaleRider
04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Alright....headed north here in another hour or so. :D

See everyone trackside!

ACEwrench
04-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Good Luck Chance!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
04-15-2008, 12:35 AM
I heard we might get some morning snow shower on Sat.:huh

You've got to be kidding me....!
I think Ill just bring the heater and just sit and drink hot choclate all wk end .
:p

riding4fun
04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I heard we might get some morning snow shower on Sat.:huh

You've got to be kidding me....!
I think Ill just bring the heater and just sit and drink hot choclate all wk end .
:p

Tina,

I have been looking everyday. I have noticed that the temps have been climbing each day. The first 10 day forecast had the high around 40 and now its closer to the upper 40's near 50. Lets hope the trend continues.

QuadJunkies
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
Tina,

I have been looking everyday. I have noticed that the temps have been climbing each day. The first 10 day forecast had the high around 40 and now its closer to the upper 40's near 50. Lets hope the trend continues.

For sure!
Still gonna be a cold one for all the morning riders.:ermm:
Darrel,
When ya'll taking off?
This is the shortest drive for us so Im pretty excited about that.

8 hours ...thats sad. LOL:p

riding4fun
04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
We are planning on leaving at 7pm Wed night. I am not looking forward to the drive.

Hopefully we will be there when the gates open on Thursday.

Hey, I even noticed that the precipitation levels even went down a little. Keeping fingers crossed. I am mostly worried about keeping the kids dry and warm.

See ya soon

QuadJunkies
04-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
We are planning on leaving at 7pm Wed night. I am not looking forward to the drive.

Hopefully we will be there when the gates open on Thursday.

Hey, I even noticed that the precipitation levels even went down a little. Keeping fingers crossed. I am mostly worried about keeping the kids dry and warm.

See ya soon
Have a safe drive-that goes for everyone! :)

d kelley
04-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Friday practice closed due to weather conditions? Its WASHINGTON in April for christs sake, what did they think the weather was going to be like? This smells funny after having to race in Phoenix, is the track worse than that? Or is this how the locals roll at their home track?

adrenalinefreak
04-15-2008, 03:19 PM
NO FRIDAY PRACTICE...it has been cancelled.

I just happened to check the WORCS website and came across that little bit of information.

That really sucks especially for me as I was planning on breaking my bike in during practice and run in through some heat cycles before I take it through 2 races in one day...should be freakin interesting...

Try not to get disqualified for pit riding while I'm trying to break it in...

I leave Friday...flying in on Friday morning at 9:40am. I guess I could walk to the track now and be ok... ;) j/k

Can't wait to see everyone

riding4fun
04-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Wow,

No rain in the forecast for the next 2 days. And only some rain on Friday. Man I thought that was good news.

This throws a monkey wrench in the travel plans.

TCSMotorsports
04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
It rained pretty good sunday and monday night, that is why I think they cancelled practice friday.

SpyderRail
04-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak

Try not to get disqualified for pit riding while I'm trying to break it in...

Trust me you dont want to Pit Ride at All, they will be all over you before you go 100ft.

CannondaleRider
04-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by SpyderRail
Trust me you dont want to Pit Ride at All, they will be all over you before you go 100ft.

Yeah..... I'd try to take the bike to another track. Do like Dale, go to Straddleline to practice Friday...He's breaking in his bike too...

dirtmomma
04-21-2008, 07:37 PM
So how did it go for everyone???? How'd you like the snow :Q:Q:Q

I'm bummed we didn't at least make it down to watch :( thinking we need to get little man into some MX I guess, he actually threw a leg over his quad for the first time in about 9 months :Q he was pumped & is ready to start riding again YEAH so is Mom!!!

QuadJunkies
04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Im so sick of snow I could PUKE! :scary: :p
You missed a great race DM.
Race report and photos are up on the hompage.

riding4fun
04-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Well we didn't get home until late last night we had to stop and camp after driving through Pendleton in the mountains. The road was iced over and after seeing the 5th wheel pull up to the side of me I decided that was enough. I have never driven in the black ice stuff so it scared the crap out of me to have no control. :eek2:

O well, we made it home, had a great time except for the crappy weather ( at least crappy to us)

Can't wait for warmer weather to hang out at night.

LT80
04-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Get a pic of Angela's face plant? :(

riding4fun
04-22-2008, 10:02 AM
We are so glad she is ok. When my daughter talked to her afterward she said her eye looked like it was stuffed with a hard boiled egg. Cassidy loves to watch Angela ride.

QuadJunkies
04-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by LT80
Get a pic of Angela's face plant? :(
I didnt. :(
I didint want to bother her after her race ,Im sure she wasnt in the best mood after that tumble.
MY Daughter was there when she went over and I guess it was a pretty bad spill she took.

Watching her and Tammy battle on the MX was fun to watch though!